Chapter Forty Three

Seconds felt like hours as everything stayed in slow motion. The screams and shouts felt like they were coming from a million miles away as I stayed transfixed on the blood pumping furiously through my fingers. Minutes  ticked by as Jordan repeatedly whispered in my ear, "I got you shy, its ok babe. I love you, I got you." After a few more minutes it became deathly silent as everyone slowly began to get to there feet. Still I didn't move and the sounds of everyone moving sped things up to present and I noticed not that many people were left in the house. maybe twenty at most.  "Jords?" I whispered when I realised he had stopped talking and wasn't trying to get up like everyone else. "Jordan!" I said a little louder keeping my hand on his bleeding shoulder as I brought my other hand up to stroke his face. Jordan was now weighing more heavily onto me and his breathing was more shallow as he struggled to keep his eyes open. "help me!" I cried fully realising the extent of his injuries. "dad? help me someone please!" I screamed panicking. I could hear sirens in the distance as my dad attempted to console me, even though he was crying. "just don't move shy. an ambulance is coming. just stay still your going to be ok." confusion struck me. why was he saying I would be ok? Jordan was hurt not me. "no dad its Jords, he's been shot please help  him" I sobbed as I stroked Jordan's beautiful face. His eyes weren't open any more but I could feel him breathing as he slumped on top of me. His little boy doing somersaults underneath him in my belly making me sob more. "please be ok baby, daddy please help him" 

 Before dad could  answer me a blood curling scream shot through the room. "seeeeaaaaan!" my heart froze as we all turned to the bottom of the stairs where jade was holding my brother in her arms as blood soaked through his top. he was propped up against her  huge belly as she cradled him back and forth. He wasn't moving. "no no no no sean no no" she repeated over and over her shrill whisper sending Goosebumps over my skin and I felt bile rise to my throat as dad stood shakily looking at sean in horror.  "son?" slow steps carried him to where jade sat seans blood covering her dress as she held him to her. He dropped to his knees beside them and hovered his hand over sean as if deciding whether he should touch him or not. moments later he was being pushed out of the way by an ambulance crew. Soon after Jordan was being gently lifted off of me and placed onto a stretcher. Trying to sit up a tearing pain ripped through me and I stared down to see  my own blood leaking out just below my left ribs. Oh. My last conscious thought being my son.

My heart burst with pride seeing Jordan cuddle our new born as I watched on. same grey eyes and beautiful curls, god he was stunning. Jordans dimple on full display as he smiled down at the chubby creature in his arms. An insistent beeping broke through my slumber and slowly dragged me from the peaceful clouds I was happily resting on with Jordan and our new born baby. I ignored it as I reached over to touch the little boy in Jordan's arms but the father I stretched the further away they seemed to get.  looking up at me Jordan face saddened as I slowly melted through the cloud towards the ground at record pace. No, no I needed to be with my family. I struggled to get away from the beeping that got louder and louder, I  screamed for Jordan as the cloud he perched on got smaller and smaller in the distance. "shy? you ok? Doctor! get the doctor something is happening. Shy can you hear me?!" shuffling followed the slurred voice that was altogether too loud for me to process though I knew it was a familiar voice. 

"Chyanne? Chyanne can you hear me?" that was a voice I didn't recognise. where was I? A bright light slit through my eye lids forcing me to focus on reality rather than my diminishing image of Jordan and our baby.  the piercing light shot across my other eye and I groaned at the intrusion. "the sedative is wearing off Mr Monroe. she is coming to. she will be groggy and may even slip back into sleep. let her rest she needs it. the police have asked that you call when she does wake." I felt like my eye lids were made of lead as I tried to open my eyes. At first it was not possible and I had a moment of panic wondering if I was blind but after a few more goes they finally complied. I blinked multiple times trying to adjust to the light even in the dim room. within seconds all of my senses seemed to home in and I felt like my soul dropped back into my body. The doctor was gone now and in his place stood my dad and Kieran. my whole body felt weak as I tried to focus on them. Dads face was wet with tears as he picked up my hand gently. "my baby girl. Can you hear me? are you ok?" I nodded slowly attempting to swallow past the cotton wool feeling in my throat. sensing my discomfort Kieran bought a small plastic cup to my lips. more of the water dribbled down my chin than into my mouth but I didn't care. just to feel the cool liquid against my skin was bliss. Dads strained face and tired eyes caught my eye and a feeling of impending doom came over me. oh my god! Jordan, sean my baby." my eyes darted down to my belly as the nights events came rushing back to me. The sheets were tucked tightly securing me to the bed and my arm housed a drip the curtains were drawn but I could tell from the dim lighting in the room it was night time.  My belly could be seen beneath the flimsy hospital gown and sheets and I took relief in the fact that it didn't look tampered with.  shifting slightly to ease the stiffness that was seeping in to my back my eyes moved back to my only two visitors. "how are they? I need to see them" I asked and dad closed his eyes momentarily. "try not to panic shy you need to rest. you cant get worked up, especially now" he glanced at my belly and tears streamed down my face at the relief of not having to hide any more. Dad knew. "I need to see them dad. are they ok?"