Chapter Forty Six

Jumping in shock at the officers now surrounding her. Leanne dropped the knife as she stammered and raised her hands with a scared squeal. "no, no, no we was just talking I wasn't going to hurt her.i would never, tell them shy...tell them i would never hurt you!" she screamed in almost hysteria as she spun to me and clutched at my hands. "back away! keep your hands up!" the police shouted as they side stepped towards the bed with their eyes fully focused on the crazy girl who was now sobbing beside me. "no" she cried still holding my hands, "you don't understand their has been a mistake, I just want Jordan" she sobbed holding my hand in a death grip. Still the police continued to shout at her as my heart hammered in my chest and tears streaked my face. what the hell was going on!

After what seemed like an eternity Leanne was arrested and dragged from the room begging to speak to Jords who was stood outside anxiously being held back by security staff as he tried to get to me. Eventually he was released and he flew to my side tears running down his face as well. "baby im so sorry" he repeated as he pulled the covers from me to check for any wounds. seconds later a medical team were surrounding me doing the same thing. Jostling around Jords as he refused to move from my side. I didn't say a word as I waited for all of the activity to die down and leave me with my thoughts. I felt beyond sick at what might have happened and an overwhelming sense of renewed guilt at seans death. Finally after police questions and health checks I was left to a deafening silence as Jordan waited for me to speak to him. I couldn't even form the words at this point. "shy, shes gone she wont hurt you again. No one will I promise." he said his voice cracking with emotion as he obviously battled with his own guilt at our current situation. looking down at my wrist i saw the purple and blue struggling to take the place of the angry red prints of leannes fingers. "I need to make a call" I whispered lifting the covers off me and skirting to the edge of the bed as thoughts of Lacey pounded to the front of my brain. My phone battery was dead and I couldn't wait for it to charge. "To who? I called your dad hes on his way" Jordan replied quickly rushing to my side to aid me. "no not dad." I responded briefly thinking of the twins and when or indeed if they would be coming home. "OK to who?" he asked using his good arm to support me as i rubbed my sides. I was exhausted and irritated and my back hurt. "Leanne mentioned Lacey" I murmured as if that was an answer in itself. "yeah I know baby the police are gonna go and speak to her. you cant call her." he tried to reason in his softest voice as we reached the phone booths. The number came back to me as easy as my own as I dialed it from memory. Jordan waited expectantly not knowing who I was calling.

The phone rang three times..."hello?." "hi" I whispered and heard his rush of breath. "hi yourself..." Jordan paced beside me waiting to hear a clue that would tell him who i was talking to. "Lacey was involved. And I don't think it was anything to do with Jordan." I sniffed and Rio inhaled even deepened. "how do you know? what happened?" his voice was tense. I briefly explained but my body felt weak as I explained the phone call I overheard. my voice was shaking as much as my hands and Jordan was not impressed. pulling me back into him to support me against his hard chest he took the phone from my hand with his good hand. "hello" he said into the phone and immediately tensed upon hearing Rios response. "shes been through a lot and she needs to rest. you dont need to intervene we got this." he ground out trying not to lose his temper. He hung up on whatever Rio was saying and escorted me back to the room I was staying in. I shivered as I entered the room, thinking about what could have happened. "i got you" was all Jordan said even though his dark mood was hanging heavy in the small room. "I want to go home Jords. I dont want to stay here. I dont feel safe. I want to be in our bed, with you." I pleaded and he nodded with no argument. He obviously felt the same.

After Discharging myself dad dropped us to Jordan's house although he had originally wanted me home with him. It took promises of going home tomorrow to get him to agree to drive us anywhere at all. the house was eerily quiet and I was jumping at everything. Jordan's mum made me a hot chocolate and gave me hula hoops and a huge hug that actually made me feel a little better before sending us up to bed. I hadn't said much of anything to Jordan on the way home and I knew he was fuming that I called Rio, but something was telling me that this was just the beginning and I knew without a doubt Rio was on my side and that meant he was on Jordan's side too. Even if they both hated it.

I had a shower and threw my hair up before returning to Jordan's room. He was struggling to get undressed with one arm and for a moment it weighed heavy on me the reality of our situation. someone had tried to kill us. Someone HAD killed my brother. I slowly moved to Jordan and lifted his top. "I got it" he grumbled his face flushing red in the dark room. only the TV lit up the space we stood in. Ignoring his words i continued to remove his top slowly moving to his back to lift it over his neck. his tatted form coming into view. when it was off I spread my arms around his waist and moved as close as my belly would allow kissing his shoulder before resting my head on his back. Tilting his head back to rest on top of mine he took a deep breath. "i love you" i whispered making him sigh and drop his head forward. "I can look after you shy" he replied and i nodded. "I know. I dont doubt that but theres no one to look after you and I cant lose anyone else. Im scared Jords. I need all the help I can get. please dont be mad" He gave a small not before we climber into bed and finally slept.

Waking up to a sunny day didn't alter my mood. It would have been a beautiful day had I not had so much turmoil in my life. I would never celebrate my birthday again. I left Jordan to sleep as I dressed and headed downstairs. Hospital food was not for me. Lisa (Jordan's mum) made me breakfast as I explained the whole situation to her as she rubbed my back and gasped at the horrific story. She made me feel slightly better and reminded me of someone else who had always been good at comforting me, I missed rita. Rios grandma had always been lovely to me I should have visited more. "when Jordan's brother died I thought I wouldn't be able to continue" lisas words snapped me out of my day dream. "does it ever get easier?" I whispered almost scared to hear the answer. I was too young to remember losing mum. My aunts death was still difficult a few years later and Sean and I were close. I didn't know how I could move past this. It was like the world had stood still although the little boy in my stomach reminded me often enough he wouldn't allow it. He would be here soon. We wouldn't be allowed to be stuck in grief. I rubbed my belly appreciatively. He would get me through this. "I dont think it gets easier. But I think you just cope better after a while. Good days and bad days. Turn into weeks, months, years. Im just thankful Jordan got out of it all before it got him too. I'm glad he's got you shy." my eyes Well at the kind words. "thankyou" was all I could say.

Jordan came down shortly after topless and bed hair accentuating his beauty. Kissing me briefly on the lips he kissed his mums cheek before trying to make cereal one handed. Lisa fussed around him and he let her help before sitting next to me and rubbing my belly. "how's little man?" he asked and I nodded sipping my juice before staring at my ever-growing stomach. "he's good, behaving for once" I replied rubbing my swollen belly Aswell.

Jordan's phone ringing broke our little haply moment as he removed his hand to retrieve it. He frowned at the phone not recognising the number. "hello... Yeah who's this? Nah she's fine.Yo how did you get me number?" I listened intently on high alert. Who was he talking to? "listen guy I respect what your trying to do but she's my girl I got this... Yeah yeah I hear all of that but understand shy is my responsibility she is carrying my child... Nah nah forget that hear what I'm saying. I dont wanna fight you cos it will stress her but your slyly overstepping cuz... Dont ring my phone again bro." with that he hung up his face a mask of rage. "who was that?" I asked when he didn't immediately say anything. He shook his head in response and carried on eating. Checking his phone myself I recognised the number as Rios and sighed. He was finding this difficult and I didn't blame him couldn't blame him. Placing my hand on his cheek I let my finger play in the hairs at his nape. "I love you" I said and he visibly relaxed before nodding and turning his head in my hand to kiss my palm.

"he called you but couldn't get through the girls gave him my number and he called to check you was OK. Wanted to know if there was anything or anyone that could connect Lacey and Leanne" I nodded as I thought about it and then shook my head. "only you babe" I answered and he nodded "but didn't you say you thought the Lacey involvement was more to do with dude?" he asked referring to Rio. I scratched my hair in confusion and felt like crying yet again. This was all too much.