Chapter Fourteen

Jumping in the shower i washed with speed and then threw on a pair of dark jeans that carina and i had chosen on my first shopping spree. They made my waist look even smaller and my hips wider. sometimes i thought Rio was in love with them more than he was with my leggings. i smiled at the thought even as my heart stung a little. i still had his CD playing as i got ready. I chose a white cable knit jumper and my new timbs. I then put on a Beige Gillet the same colour as my boots and thick head band that matched my jumper. I left my hair out as it was straight and prayed it didnt snow or rain. i knew it was cold but so far it hadnt rained this winter. i made my way down stairs with the bag that my timbs had came in and started placing presents in it. Ritas, Carinas and Kaylas fit inside the huge bg quiet nicely. I picked up my keys, oyster and my phone before putting on my gloves and scarf and leaving, Not bothering to say goodbye because i knew no one would be awake till at least two.

I jogged to the bus stop trying to speed up the process as i was already late when an expensive looking car pulled up alongside me. my hole body went cold as i recognised it as Jamals car. urgh just leave me alone. He wound down the window as the car crawled alongside me. "yo beautiful, merry christmas" I gave him a polite nod and continued walking up the road hoping he would get the picture. "wait a minute let me talk to you real quick." he said obviously not getting the picture.

"I cant talk im running late" I said through gritted teeth not even looking in his direction. "Where you going? let me drop you" he said unfazed by my blatant dislike for him. I shook my head "im good thanks, merry christmas see you later" I said with a fake smile hoping he would leave. No such luck. Instead he parked and ran to catch up with me. pulling me back to face him he smiled down at me despite my frown. "wheres the fire girl?" his gold tooth glistening. "look Tugz im really in a rush" He was wearing his trademark black and gold attire. Today he had black Jordans, Black True Religion Jeans and a Black long sleeve cashmere jumper. The gold chain, watch, bracelets and rings were obviously a permenant fixture. "you can call me Jamal. you look nice, winter suits you" he said leaning on his car. "Jamal, im busy" he was still holding my hands not enough to hurt but enough to keep me standing there infront of him. He looked up and down the road licking his lips slowly. "why dont you like me shy" he asked looking in my face and I looked at him confused. I dont remember telling him my name?? "how do you..."

"I did my research" he said cutting me off, he was rubbing his thumb over the back of my hand. "so..? why dont you like me?" he asked again. "I dont know you to like you" I answered honestly and he looked at me thoughtfully for a minute "but I been tryna change that and you keep shutting me down. whats that about?" "no you keep tryna wind my boyfriend up and I dont appreciate that. you should accept that im with some one." I responded quietely. He dropped one of my hands so that he could itch his nose in the most thuggish manner and then spoke again. "Yea that Rio yute" he said and I was just about to ask how he knew Rios name when I remembered he said he done his research. "where is he now though shy?" he asked sincerely and I instantly knew he knew Rio was gone. "visiting family" I said irritated that he was trying to play me. I wasnt a complete idiot. "I gotta go" I said wrenching my hands from him and walking off. with his long legs he was with me within half a second. "wait, wait, i aint tryna upset you. if you wanna be with that lame i gotta respect that. I dont like it but I wont start nothing with little man hes a boy to me. But why we gotta act like you aint allowed male friends. I can wait till he fucks up, wont be long cos hes a punk."

Now he was really pissing me off. "first of all, your disrespecting me by talking about my people like that" i said my finger in his face. He was smiling, amused even. oh. I continued anyway with him looking from my face to my finger back to my face, down the length of my body, back to my face licking his lips. "secondly, hes older than me so if hes a boy to you im a baby. and thirdly the fact that you want him to mess up just shows me you aint gonna be a true friend so why would i even consider your friendship." i was feeling pleased with my self and also a little embarrassed. I never really did anything like this, must be from all the arguements with Rio and dads pep talk. still he laughed in my face making me go red. "Your beautiful when your angry. mad cute for real. and your not a baby shy, you carry your self like a grown woman so to me your a grown woman. Your fifteen soon, I just turnt 18. A year aint nothing to me. When your sixteen aint no one watching your age." i was gobsmacked, I werent expecting any of that. "look i got you something, i was on my way to yours to drop it off" he leant down in his passenger side and pulled up a little black bag with a long velvet box inside.