31

The distant growls from the battlefield, the terrifying snarls, the blood-curdling howls, the venomous screeches and shouts of agony were all muffled by the four walls of the room Az was once held captive in.

Az finally felt his consciousness returning or so he thought for when he opened his eyes he saw nothing but darkness. The right, left, front, back were all pitch black and silent. He could feel his body but it seemed detached from reality, in that moment he felt utterly alone.

"Az, you must calm down." a voice that Az knew so well, the only one who was beside him throughout everything in his life spoke to him hurriedly.

"Novak what's going on? What happened? Where am I?"Az questioned his wolf when he finally saw his silhouette appearing before his eyes.

"You are inside your mind Az, I know this must all sound confusing and aggravating but we don't have much time for I will not be able to hold the seal any longer."Novak spoke his aura calming Az down.

"What do you mean Novak?"Az asked his brows furrowing with confusion, all he remembered so far was his Grandma kidnapping him, then the truth behind all the actions before he felt himself being drawn back into his own mind.

"I'm here to tell you everything I know before the seal is finally lifted. Listen to me well Az for the future of the 'werewolf world' lies in the decision you make."Novak breathed out.

"At the moment the spirit of Zurkrel has been subdued inside you along with Pnevma by my spiritual aura, but the seal I've placed on them will break very soon and before that I must tell you the truth of what really is the cursed bearer." Novak said as he looked into Az's grey eyes almost as though peering into his soul.

"What Lucy told you about the history is true, Pnevma's vessel Arkus at that time wanted the false sense of harmony by subduing his human side and embracing his Royal wolf side and Zurkrel wanted to stop this but Skotadi, Zurkrel's wolf had taken over him when Arkus forced him to throw away his human emotions and that's how the feud between the two began, a fight for their own beliefs over the other. When their lives came to an end, Arkus and Skotadi died but Pnevma and Zurkrel's fragments went into a new seed where they became dormant."Novak explained and Az could only nod as he finally seemed to piece together the puzzle inside his head.

"I'm that seed. For aeons I've searched for a soul that would be able to bear this burden, and I finally found you. You're soul glows with an innocence and justice that I've never witnessed before and that is why I chose you as my bearer. Az, I don't know if it was a selfish choice in my part or fate that led me to you but now I don't ever regret choosing you. My memories about the past were locked away when I first appeared within you but with the bite of our mate, they began flooding into me and the wheels of fate began turning."Novak said with a heavy voice.

"The cursed bearer who holds within him the fragments of the two Royal Wolves will have to make a decision between the two. Az, when the seal breaks the feud between Zurkrel and Pnevma will resurface, both of them will fight to take over you, but the choice will remain with you, you have the choice to save one and condemn the other but....but this is why you are called the cursed bearer, for once you make the decision you will cease to exist as the fragment will take over you and you will become its vessel losing yourself forever. With your choice you have the chance to save the 'werewolves' and your family but with it the sacrifice of your life must be made. That is the legacy that the cursed bearer must carry out." Novak finished his voice quavering with a mix on anguish, sadness and sorrow.

Az looked at Novak in silence letting his words sink in. The feud talked about in the legend was not between him and Jack but rather between the two Royal Alpha Wolves, the feud was to end the other in an attempt to revive the lost Royal Wolves of one kind....but in this Az finally realized that he was going to have to sacrifice himself. He was about to lose everything dear to him-his friends, his family, his pack and his mate-the one he loved with everything in him...To save the 'Werewolves', to save his family Az now faced the burden of making a decision in which he would have to lay down his life......