5

Caden sat on his bed clearly frustrated at his own fate. His day at school had been awfully long and it did not help that he had to try to get away from a certain human to maintain his sanity. His anxiety rocketed at the very mention of him; his thoughts reached speeds unknown to mankind when he thought about the human. He was confused, agitated, frustrated, annoyed, angry and happy all at the same time which resulted in him having a massive headache. He still clearly remembered the events of the day...

"Please come and introduce yourself. Your name and where you came from will do." Mt. Turner said with an encouraging smile which was rather rare to see.

"He..Hello everyone. My name's Aziel Chasin." Az mumbled in a low voice clearly uncomfortable at the gaze of the whole class. "I came from the Crescent Mountain." Az whispered the last part not wanting them to know what he said but that was futile in a class filled with werewolves.

Caden sat there mesmerized as Az spoke his voice soothing him and his features ignited a passion unknown to him. When Az looked him straight in the eye, Caden had to hold himself back not to jump at him and claim him.

But soon his hope crashed down again when he realized his mate was a guy, the one he had waited for, the female he had hoped for was actually a guy. And not just any guy his mate was fucking HUMAN.

How would his pack react to the news? Would his parents accept a male to be his Luna? Would he himself accept a male human to be his? Would a human accept his world and be his? Questions and doubts surfaced in his mind pushing away all the brief moments of joy he had.

All the while Az watched with confusion as his mate seemed to avoid his gaze.

Heinz noticed Caden's weird behavior. "Are you alright?"

"I..I think..No I just found my mate."Caden stammered surprising himself when he called the human his mate.

"Wow I'm so happy for you..."Heinz smiled and hugged Caden but sensing his reluctance he questioned, "Are you not happy you found your mate?"

"How can I be, he is a human and to top it off he is a man. How will the pack react and what will my parents think when they hear this that their son and future leader is a fag."

"Caden stop over-thinking things. I'm sure your parents will be happy for you and it's not like there aren't any gay couples in the pack already. If your own pack won't support you then what's the point of them being in your pack. I'll support and be there for you no matter what. Just give it some thought."

"No I can't, I will reject him, and then the council can elect a mate for me a female werewolf at least."

"So you are planning to hurt someone and possibly destroy their life and live a lie your whole life. NO you will accept him. Talk to your parents if you want to but you will not reject him you understand?" Heinz ordered. He knew very well Caden could easily disregard what he said but he needed to be mature and handle the situation not toss it away. Having a mate was all Caden wanted since he turned 16 and no way would he let him throw away his joy just because his mate turned out to be a male human.

Caden sighed in defeat as he sunk further into his seat and watch his mate who sat with Amy another pack member. She was talking animatedly about some things with him. Aziel...what a beautiful name Caden thought then shook his head to clear his thoughts.

He ran out of the class as soon as the bell rang to avoid the human and his own inner turmoil. It did not help that he shared the same classes with him, although Amy seemed to provide his mate with enough distraction that he did not look towards Caden much or maybe it was just that he could not feel the bond like Caden could.