23

Caden looked up with red puffy eyes in confusion over what his mate had said.

Novak sensed the confusion in Caden's eyes; he could feel the same feeling amongst the other wolves gathered in the room. He looked around and saw seventeen other Warriors who had sacrificed their life for the protection of the pack along with the Alpha. Durwood Pack had earned his respect and his mate had shown his worth protecting him without actually knowing it but he couldn't be too assertive about this now for Az was yet to know the whole truth...

"I meant what I said my love, this pack shall not wallow in grief today for the strings of life shall be rekindled unto the deceased." Novak answered the confusion lingering in the air.

Novak's eyes began to glow again the sparkling grey shone appearing almost silver and Caden's mark on his left shoulder began radiating a soft glow. Novak shifted into the majestic Royal Wolf form earning multiple gasps from the people of the room.

Durwood pack was yet unknown of the true origin of their second Alpha and seeing his wolf from made them unconsciously bow in respect over the aura that radiated from him. Many looked at the Royal Wolf in complete amazement and wonder, too surprised to utter a single word. They were in awe of the pure white fur and the swirls of silver that marked the left side of Novak. The way the light grey mist surrounded him gave him a mysterious yet calm look which only added to the awe for the pack.

Novak steeped forth and stood over Daniel's body. He closed his eyes and focused hard on the strings of life. It hadn't been long since the death and so he was sure the spirit must have been lingering close.

"Close your eyes, everyone." Novak commanded as he let the fragments of Pnevma take over his spiritual balance in order to draw out his power. He had to subdue Az to the back of their mind which aggravated Az a little but trusting his wolf he simply gave in.

The pack did as commanded and Novak's consciousness began to dwindle as Pnevma's fragments began to intensify. The markings on his left side became more prominent and the mist that surrounded Novak began moving towards the bodies that lay on the ground and enshrouded them in its mystifying aura.

Novak then reached out to the key lines that interlinked life and death, he opened his eyes when he found them and through Pnevma's fragments began to reattach the souls back into their bodies. To any normal werewolf all they would see was Novak glowing a misty white but for Novak, he could see the pale golden lights of the detach souls, he could feel the warmth of their auras, he could feel the chilly breeze of death's door that he had shut for the moment. Pnevma's fragments within him guided him to pull on these golden lines as his own spiritual aura fluctuated as he finally put the golden threads within the bodies they were from.

Their spiritual auras were slowly restored as Novak continued to manipulate the life force around them. Everyone gasped as one of the death Warriors suddenly started breathing. Soon coughs and deep breaths were heard across the room as the dead Warriors all awoke from a slumber they thought was eternal...

"OH...Dad" "Daniel" Both Caden and Victoria shrieked as Daniel began coughing and sat up. Tears lined their eyes as they hugged onto Daniel for their life. Daniel seemed a little shaken by the tight embrace but soon images began filling in the holes of his memory and his tears soon flooded as he returned the embrace.

"You're alive."Caden said shocked but unable to hide the joy in seeing his Dad well and alive.

"Oh...honey I was so scared.."Victoria said with trembling lips as she hugged her mate close sharing a deep kiss pouring all her love for Daniel as Daniel returned it with the same intensity. It was a kiss of pure love shared between two lovers who nearly lost everything.