11

The awkward silence continued as Caden still tried to piece together the words to say to his mate.

Would Az still accept him? How would he react? What if Az never wanted to see him again? What if Az freaked out and wanted nothing to do with him? The 'what ifs' revolved around Caden's mind effectively binding his tongue from forming the words he needed. His anxiousness rolled off him with every passing second.

Az sat there eyes focused on their interlocked hands trying to figure out how he needed to react. He already knew about werewolves, heck he was one too, but he never had been in a situation where he had to pretend he didn't know about the existence of 'werewolves'.

"What do I do Novak? Should we tell them?"Az asked worriedly in his thoughts.

"Just go with the flow Az, they were eventually gonna tell us anyway so just act normal. And no its not the right time to be spilling our beans right now. It will only cause more stress and add to the list of problems we already have.

"Alright."Az nodded.

"Can you at least put on some pants?"Az finally broke the silence in the room, knowing that the other two were not gonna open their mouths any sooner.

"Yeah...right..sorry about that." Heinz nervously chuckled, embarrassed yet a little relieved that Az had yet to freak out. "Um yeah I'll leave you two to talk. Ugh Caden your clothes and medicines are in this bag." Heinz said hurriedly placing the bag next to Az and making his exit to escape the awkwardness in the room.

Normally Caden would have called Heinz right back but at the moment his thoughts were in a different place. He took in a deep breath and calmed himself down.

"So we got a lot to talk about?" Caden rhetorically asked as he scratched the back of his head with his free hand.

Az could only look at his mate while trying to figure his own thoughts out. That is when it finally struck him.

"Caden I know about werewolves. I've lived with them since childhood, with the Blackwood Pack." Az said not telling the full truth but it was not a lie either.

"Oh..."Caden blurted out in relief. "Um well let me tell you about me then." Caden took the opportunity to lay it all out to his mate.

"Well, as you might already know, Durwood City is run by my pack, the Durwood Pack. My dad is the current Alpha of the pack and my mom is the Luna. Um our Principal Marcus is the current Beta of this pack and Heinz is the next in line. Amy is an omega in the pack though she's also a warrior. And I'm the next Alpha and you're my mate." Caden finally let it all out.

Az only nodded. He didn't really know how to react otherwise, he already knew all that as he was a Spirit Wolf and he read the auras of people around him.

"So ugh do you have any questions or such?"Caden shuffled in the bed clearly anxious by Az's silence.

"Caden, I like you and that is that. I honestly don't care that you are a werewolf. Heck it makes you even cooler. I accept you, all of you for who you are." I only hope you'll accept me for who I am too. Az left the last part in his thoughts.

"Oh Az..."Caden breathed out in relief and pulled his mate in a bone-crushing hug. Hearing those words felt like a massive weight had been lifted from his shoulders.

Az was happy seeing his mate smiling and eyes filled with affection but deep within he dreaded the day he would have to spill out his own secret....

.......

"So you already knew about werewolves and were also a part of the pack that vanished overnight.?"Heinz asked as he took another sip of his coffee. Amy also nodded her head wanting to know the answer.