30

"Alpha Daniel, we are the Warriors from the Sliver Claw pack."Stated a wolf as he bowed his head in respect to Daniel.

"You guys will come with me."Daniel said as he quickly eyed the Warriors who had come and evaluated them from their presence.

"Marcus I leave guarding the borders to your team."Daniel said as he turned and placed a hand on Marcus's shoulder.

"Bring our future Alpha back safe and sound."Responded Marcus as he nodded his head.

Caden could feel his anxiety within but he refused to show it to his pack members he had to remain strong for his mate. He felt an unusual feeling brewing inside him almost warm but he ignored it as he looked over at his team one last time before the battle.

Heinz was in Marcus's team while Amy was in Daniel's. Caden had chosen Tom in his team for two reasons, Tom wanted to prove himself to his future Alpha and Caden wanted to keep him close in case he tired something. Caden unlike Az was not so willing to trust him right back after he had spilled information about them so casually. He knew Tom's reasons but was still a little bitter about it.

"Today we fight not only for your future Alpha and my mate but also for the protection of our pack and our families, they have messed with our pack and have taken captive my mate, but WE will show them that DURWOOD PACK is not to be messed with. WE WILL get him back and win this battle."Caden spoke with so much confidence that all the Warriors believed his words and him as their leader.

With those words the Durwood pack silently headed out towards the lands owned by the Douler family and sure enough when they reached the spot, they saw hundreds of Rogues and Night wolves waiting for them. The war between the two had just begun as the Rogues howled before they began charging towards the pack.

As planned Caden took his team and headed straight out while Daniel's team handled majority of the incoming wolves. The once green fields, the rustling of the leaves in the nearby woods, the chirping of the birds in the sky, the squeaks and screeches by the animals within the woods all seemed to cease when the growls and snarls of the wolves took over.

Caden went forth baring his teeth before pouncing onto any Rogues that came his way and snapping their necks. He had one goal in mind and he needed to reach it as soon as possible cause he felt a sinking feeling in his stomach telling him something was wrong.

The awkward feeling inside him continued as he felt himself growing hotter but he blamed it upon the fight as he bit down another Rogue.

The Night Wolves were all in human form as they could not shift until the moon rose. This had been a massive advantage to the Durwood pack as they no longer needed to worry about getting trapped in the mind games of the Night Wolves, although they fought really well even in their human forms and were posing a problem as they were swift and precise in their movements.

Caden was fighting off another Rogue when a Night Wolf came from behind him thrusting a knife into his hind leg, but before he could do any further damage, Tom quickly ripped the man's arm off before snapping his neck in half. Caden finished off the Rogue before he nodded at Tom, who did the same and continued taking on the incoming attacks.

....................

Marcus could hear the rustling of leaves and stomping on the ground coming towards them as he focused on his 'werewolf' senses.

"Get ready, the enemy is fast approaching." Marcus warned the Warriors to get into position before he turned to his own son and looked him in the eye as though saying 'fight your best and protect the pack but don't die on me.'