22

"Lyla..."the words left Caden's mouth in disbelief as he saw the Hunter who had shot the bullet that took the life of his Dad.

Lyla showed no sign of remorse on her face over the death of the wolf she had shot. Though her eyes seem to be surprised and maybe even worried as she saw Caden standing in front of her.

"YOU!...HOW FUCKING DARE YOU!"Caden roared as he walked towards his father's murderer, all he saw right now was red. He wanted revenge; he needed an outlet to release all his anger, pain, frustration, sorrow, hollowness that crept within him growing stronger every passing moment.

Lyla flinched at the tone of Caden's voice trying to break free from Heinz grasp but was too weak to overpower werewolf. She felt fear and terror coursing through her veins as she was forced to look on the Alpha wolf that walked up to her each step bringing her closer to her death.

Even Heinz was fearful at the current tone of his best friend but he knew where it came from. Caden had always looked up at his Dad and strived hard to be like the Alpha ever since he was a child and seeing his Dad killed before his own eyes would have surely shattered his world. He only held down Lyla for two reasons, one the Council usually took care of the Hunters so that there was no issues later with the pack and two she was a fellow student of their school and used to be an acquaintance before she changed suddenly and became the attention seeking plastic doll that almost everyone without ulterior motives steered clear of.

"YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID..."Caden breathed out anger and his murderous intent seeping out with every syllable he spoke as he grabbed Lyla's throat. "Move" he commanded Heinz.

Heinz did as told and released Lyla's hands as he moved back behind Caden.

The fight raged on behind as the Rogues continued their rampage along with the Hunters but they were dwindling down in number quickly as the Durwood Pack overpowered them. Heinz wanted to finish off things with the Rogues but he knew his Alpha needed him at the moment and he trusted the pack to be able to take care of themselves with the remaining enemies.

"Agh...UGH" Lyla choked out as she struggled against the death grip of Caden.

"Alpha please I beg of you spare her.."Tom, the head warrior breathed out as he bowed his head in respect while his eyes stole glances at Lyla who was clearly losing her breath.

"HOW DARE YOU PROTECT THIS BITCH!!!"Caden growled out in anger hearing his Dad's best warrior begging for the life of the Hunter to be spared.

"Alpha please....I beg you....she...she...she's my ma.mate.."Tom cried out as he tears lined his eyes when he looked up to see his mate with her throat in the hands of his Alpha. "She's my Mate, please...."

........

"He was awake before, Doctor do you think he's alright?"

"I'm not sure till I check up on him, but maybe it's just the exhaustion. It's the first time I've seen a Spirit Wolf so I have no idea if they use different treatments to us Weres'"

Az woke up to the two voices beside his bed eventually realizing that it was Amy and Dr.George. He was back from his astral mind shift still confused but feeling fueled by the increase in his spiritual aura. Novak's calmness over the whole situation though weird did help in dealing with his nerves.

"I'm fine Amy don't worry about me."Az said as he got off from bed.

"Az please take a seat and let Doc have a look at you."Amy said with worried eyes as she rushed over to Az.

"Don't worry about me Amy, I'm fine and I can heal myself if need be."Az said calmly as he tried to ease his friend's worry.

He was then hit with immense emotions; a terrible mix of anger, frustration, grief, sorrow, sadness, hollowness all hit him making him shake in fear at the intensity of the emotions. He knew very well that these emotions all belonged to his mate and that his mate was in emotional turmoil over something.