.:: Lost Paradise {FINALE} ::. Healing Wounds

"It isn't right!" Kirsten screamed as the rest pile up inside the yacht for bed.

"What isn't?" Ada asked, handing her a neatly folded blanket from a small compartment under the seats.

"That Ben had to depart from Pamela," Kirsten replies, taking the blanket with sad eyes.

"Pamela had no choice but to accept it the hard way," Kenzie adds. "It's forbidden for humans and mermaids to interact. How much more love one? She must have had difficulty deciding during those years."

"And to think that we were almost ignored like the rest of the other humans Pamela forbade the mermen to help," Cassie says, pulling out pillows from a cabinet.

Mashy runs up to Cassie, licking her nose, then runs to the others doing the same. It was time for the pup to go to sleep.

"That was a long bedtime story, huh, Mashy?" Alexa cooed, brushing the puppy's head as they both drifted to sleep.

Jianna sighs, "I'm sorry this all happen--"

Before she could continue, Kirsten slaps her shoulder, causing her to flinch. Mashy slightly wakes up but goes right back to sleep.

"What was that for?!" Jianna complained, rubbing her shoulder.

"Stop apologizing," Kirsten replies, gesturing for another slap, causing Jianna to flinch back again. "None of this is our fault."

"Yeah, Billy," Ada says with a yawn, throwing herself in her own spot in the long soft sofa, her head right above Alexa's. "We'll get out of here, don't worry."

"Oh," Cassie suddenly says, now whispering, seeing two of the members of the barkada sleeping. "Have you guys tried contacting anyone through your phones?"

Kenzie sighs, "The same thing. No signal."

"Nope," Jianna adds.

Kirsten scratches her hair, annoyed, "Agh, how is it possible to not have signal here?! I bet the beach house is just an hour away!"

Jianna playfully wiggles her fingers in the air, in front of Kirsten's face, "Ooh~ it could be magic."

Kirsten attempts to hit her again, only to be stopped by Kenzie, who had enough and badly wanted to go to sleep.

It's ringing!

Kirsten screamed in her mind as she leans her phone towards her ear, the ringing sound giving so much joy. She wiggled her toes on the sand, hugging her knees with her other arm.

He finally picks up. Kirsten bolts up, both hands on the phone.
"James!"

"Hiya Kirs," James greets fondly, the sound of plastic crumpling in the background. He was probably having a late-night snack. "You didn't reply to my messages. Are you in the resort?"

"James!" Kirsten screamed. "You have to help us. We're stuck on an island with no fuel."

"You're joking."

"Why would I joke like that?! The yacht guys gave Billy and Bob the wrong map and it took us to some sort of uncharted island. James, you need to help us!"

She suddenly hears a crackle and the sound of footsteps on the other side. It sounded like he was running, "I'll call 9--"

"James, wait!"

The footsteps stop, "What's wrong, Kirs?"

Kirsten pursed her lips then began to lower her voice. "Is it possible for you to come here alone?"