[ZApoc (4)] An Antidote and Some Shawarma

Alexa quickly loaded the upgraded firearm and shot blindly, the sound ringing through their ears.
It knocked off two, giving them time to run away.
"Dr. Zebdos found the cure to this," Mikel said as they ran.
"Where is he? And how is he alive?" Kenzie asked, running in the same pace.
They opened a door to the right and found themselves face to face with a zombie.
It roared. They screamed.
Ada moved forward and smacked its face with her bat.
It fell to the ground, unconcious.
"Run!" Ada said.
They ran and ran and ran.

They made it out of the lab, through the same tree elevator.
They began to catch their breath.
"Are you all okay?" Mikel asked.
"Still alive. But I'm starving," Jianna replied.
Suddenly, Mikel pulled out a gun from his pocket and aimed it at Kenzie.
"Now give me the car keys or die," he ordered.
They all raised their hands.
"What the heck, Mikel?!" Kenzie cried.
Mikel chuckled mischeviously. He raised his right arm and tapped on his smart watch screen. His inage faded and turned to an old man. He was wearing the same lab coat but his hair was messy and he looked like he didn't sleep in days.
"Dr. Zebra?" Alexa asked.
He scowled, "Zebdos. It's Dr. Zebdos, child. You all fell for the same Illusion watch."
He loaded his gun, "And Dr. Kenzie, you failed. I thought I could trust you, but all you did was turn down the experiment I worked on for months. You're just like the rest."
Kenzie clenched her fists, "You knew there were miscalculations. You were to stubborn to fix it! You were too confident about the project. Dr. Zebdos, you're the failure."
Dr. Zebdos cackled with laughter, "Don't forget. I'm still holding the gun."
Ada silently and carefully nudged Cassie and gave her a quick message: Tackle him.
Cassie, who understood her facial expressions, nodded. She slowly crept forward while Zebdos was busy arguing with Kenzie.
Finally, when the moment was right, she thrusts her fist at his jaw, knocking him to the ground.
Her knuckles were burning, but she pinned him down.
Ada ran towards him and raised her bat.
"Sorry, Zebra," she said.
Thud!
Dr. Zebdos fell to the ground, out cold. Kenzie took his smart watch (an Illusion watch, I believe) and wrapped it around her arm.
"Please don't use that on us," Ada said.
Kenzie chuckled, "Of course not."
"So, Zebdos is out. How do we fix the whole zombie apocalypse?" Kirsten asked.
"I did keep a special vial in my office containing a special kind of liquid that actually had the reverse effect of Zebdos' project," Kenzie explained, "If I make multiple of those vials, I could actually save the world!"
"Then let's do it!" Alexa exclaimed.
"I'll work on this in the beach house. Hopefully, it's not crowded with zombies."

Fortunately, their beach house was empty. No zombie was there except one who was buried in a sand dune.
Kenzie proceeded to work on the antidote while Ada and Kirsten guarded the premises.
As for Cassie, she assisted Kenzie.
Jianna was starving, so Alexa decided to prepare her a little snack.

Hours passed, when Kenzie finally produced the final product. She inserted the vials in a special teleporter that teleported the vials to the satellites around the world.
Each satellite released the liquid by evaporating it into a thick gas that surrounded the infected areas, healing everyone instantly.

They were recognized by everyone around the world.
After all the press and interviews, the Lunch Buddies wanted to go back home.
But before they did, Jianna spotted a nearby shawarma stop.
"Y'all want some?" she asked.
"As long as you pay," Kirsten said.
"Deal."

The End 🍳🍔🍝🍕