[ZApoc (1)] A Failed Experiment

"What the--?"
Everyone living around these highlighted areas are strongly encouraged to evacuate immediately.
Kirsten quickly points at one of the red dots on the screen.
"That's where we are!"
The reporter, who looked terrified, began to arrange the papers on his desk.
The OSF Scientists will release any further announcement about this horrific situation soon. For now, please stay alert and keep everyone around you safe.
Suddenly, the front door burst open. Kenzie came in with her raincoat on her and a thick suitcase in her hands.
"Kevin! What's going on?!"
Kenzie, who was part of the OSF Scientists, dropped her suitcase and collapsed on the couch.
She sighed deeply, "Stupid"
"Kev, what's going on?" Jianna asked, who finally placed her cup o' noodles on the coffee table.
"It's our latest experiment. It was dubbed Project ZApoc after the main scientist who started it, Dr. Zebdos Apoc."
Kirsten snickered, "Dr. Zebra"
"It's a funny name but he's a brilliant man. Dr. Zebdos created a formula that could eliminate all kinds of diseases. Even diseases we don't know that we have."
"Does it work?" Alexa asked.
Kenzie sighed, "Unfortunately, it didn't. Instead, it slowly zaps out ever single important brain cell needed for a human being."
"Meaning?" Cassie asked.
"It makes the person dumb. Or it makes it a zombie."
Ada clapped her hands in excitement, "A zombie apocalypse?!"
"Hell yeah!" Jianna chimed in.
The two did a high-five.
"But you don't understand!" Kenzie exclaimed, "These zombies are very much different from the ones we see in TV. These zombies have the ability to climb, run, and talk. They're like smart mindless freaks."
"My brain's dead," Cassie muttered.
"It's okay though," Kenzie continued, "we can survive this."
"Do we have any weapons?" Alexa asked.
"Food?" Jianna asked.
"Anything?" Ada added.
"We have hope," Kirsten said, holding her cup o' noodles tight.
"Then, let's lock everything up," Cassie suggested.
"Yep, and look on the bright side, we have TV," Jianna said.
Then, the power went off. It was dark and cold.
"Maybe not," she muttered.

Zombie Apocalypse? 🍳🍔🍟🍕
Credits to KirstenIsobelle for this wonderful idea!!