=3= A New Name

Another hot summer day in the Lunch Buddies House. It was an everyday scenario in the House.

Alexa watching TV on the couch with Kirsten using her phone beside her. Cassie upstairs watching a drama on her laptop. Ada using her phone as well but on the kitchen bar. Kenzie reading a book, squatting on the floor near the fan.

Even with the aircon on blast mode, the heat was still killing them. They even decided to bring in an electric fan in the living room.

Jianna, however, was sitting down on the floor, playing with the fan. Her mouth was open, her hair flying all over Kenzie's face.

"Billy, what in the world are you doing?" she asked, obviously annoyed.
Jianna collapsed to the floor, lying down with a loud sigh that can be heard upstairs. "It's too darn hot."

"What are we gonna do about it? The aircon's not doing good. You're hogging up the fan," Kirsten said.

"Can we go somewhere else? Like cold? I don't mind a blizzard." Alexa said with a sigh.
"We'll drop you off at Alaska if you want, Bob," Ada joked.

Alexa threw a pillow at her. Being Frank, Ada caught it mid-air and threw it back at her.

Cassie came down the stairs, her laptop in her hands. "Whatcha guys up to?"
"Trying to survive the heat." Kenzie replied as she flipped a page.
"Trying to be the heat to control the world," Jianna replied, her fingers on her temples as if she was sending mind waves to the electric fan.

"I just saw a new post in Insta. They were making a contest to whoever has the best squad name gets the chance to win tickets to Switzerland." Cassie shared.
"Damn," Ada muttered.
"Agh, I'd go for a flight to the land of Swiss cheese," Jianna said to herself.
"Let's give it a shot. Lemme sign in for the competition," Cassie said, opening the laptop and typing rapidly.

"Let's go for Lunch Buddies?" Alexa asked.
Cassie frowned. "Nope. A group of nine already signed in to that name. That's the bad part."
She chuckled. "There's even a group called Dinner Dudes. Gosh, there are a lot of them."

Kenzie bolted up and closed her book. "Alright. Let's get some tickets to Switzerland. Any suggestions?"
"Burrito Bros," Jianna suggested.
"Joe and the Oranges?" Kirsten asked with a laugh. Cassie rolled her eyes.

Just then, the TV tuned in to Nickelodeon. With a booming voice saying, "Tune in on Thursdays for some throwback episodes of The Backyardigans! One of the most loved shows in Nick Junior!"

"Backyardigans?" Ada said, an idea forming in her head.

Suddenly, all six of them exchanged knowing glances.
"Y'all thinking what I'm thinking?" Jianna asked with a smirk.

"BARKADIGANS!"

They laughed. "Great minds think alike," Kenzie said, tapping her temple.
"Final? Barkadigans?" Cassie asked, her fingers ready to type.

Everyone nodded. Ada shrugged. "Sounds good to me."

And so their name changed.

To the Barkadigans.

But they will forever remain as six buddies who love nothing more than to eat their heart out.

The Lunch Buddies. They will still be called that.