~ The Lunch Buddies' Call (1) ~ Odd Looking Strangers

Another normal day in the Lunch Buddies house. Alexa and Kirsten were both watching their favorite TV show.
Ada and Kenzie went biking nearby while Cassie was reading and Jianna was stuffing her face with tortilla chips and dip.
It was perfectly normal. Everyone was doing their usual things.
But of course, whenever an author says normal in almost every sentence, you'd know it's definitely not.
They heard a crash on the roof, like a giant boulder fell from the sky.
Alexa quickly jumped off the couch and covered her head with a cushion, "Asteroid!"
"Calm down, Bob," Kirsten said as she calmly turned off the TV. "It's probably just a volleyball. You know those little kids there who always end up throwing the ball on our roof."
"Yeah, but that sounded really heavy," Cassie remarked.
"Could be an asteroid," Jianna mumbled to herself. She suddenly stood up.
"But that would mean the roof would get scratches on the paint. Gah!" She ran outside, not without taking a tortilla chip to her mouth.
Cassie and Kirsten followed while Alexa slowly placed the pillow down and walked outside.

"Be careful, Billy!" Cassie shouted from below.
Jianna nervously held on to the ladder and took a careful step.
"You're sure that ladder will hold you, Billy Goat?" Kirsten teased.
"Oh, shut up, Jeff!" Jianna shouted back.
Kirsten and Alexa laughed.
"Woah! Y'all need to come up here," she said.
"Why? Did you find the ball or whatever is there?"
"No. There's people here," she replied.

"Say what now?"
Kenzie looked up from a distance at the beach house. She saw Cassie, Alexa, Kirsten, and Isobelle on top of the roof.
With a bunch of people.
"They look weird. Like, it looks awfully familiar," Ada said.
Kenzie nodded, "Let's check it."
They walked beside their bikes and parked it by the garage.
They found the ladder and climbed up.
They found the rest of the Lunch Buddies squating on the roof with the strangers.
One of which, with green eyes, waved when he saw them, "You must be Ada and Kenzie!"
Ada grimaced but asked, "And who are you?"
He stood up and offered his hand, "William, Mage of Healing."
"Mage? As in, wizards and stuff?" Kenzie asked.
William nodded. He pointed at the person next to him, a person with purple eyes.
"This is Kenneth, my best buddy. But call him Kevin."
Kenzie flinched, "You're named Kevin too?"
Kenneth wrinkled his nose, "Too? I thought your name was Kenzie."
Ada and Kenzie sat down to listen to their introductions.
A girl who was as tall as Kirsten started first. One of her eyes were pink and the other was yellow. Everyone stared at her eyes but she looked like she was really used to it.
"My name is Isobelle. I am a prophet, Mage of Prophecy. But my prophetic powers and visions are currently not working. It's strange."
"Isobelle?" Kirsten muttered.
The man beside her had yellow eyes. He smiled. "She has dreams that can see the future. One of the things I like about her."
"Oh shut up," Isobelle said, nudging him with her elbow.
"I'm guessing you two are a thing?" Jianna asked.
"A thing? Oh, yes. I suppose you call it like that here," he replied, flashing a smile at Isobelle, who gave him a pout. "My name's Kai, by the way."
Beside William was a girl with her hair tied back neatly.
"My name's Jayda," she said.
"Jayda? That's cool," Alexa admitted.
"I am an archer. Captain of the Eastern Archers," she shared.
The last two were holding shiny and sharp swords. The girl was holding two but was humming happily as if killing was her source of happiness.
"My name is Amelia. This here is clumsy yet lovable Martin," she said as she pinched his cheeks.
The other swordsman pulled her hands down, "I'm Martin. This may be really surprising, but we need your help."
"How can we help? We're just normal people. Not sword wielding or magical people," Cassie replied.
"We need all the help we can get," William said.
"Please! We need to go back home," Jayda pleaded.
The Lunch Buddies exchanged nervous looks.
They've seen zombies. Mages are a new thing to their list. But hey, they're the Lunch Buddies.
They'll help anyone.
"Alright," Kirsten declared, standing up. "We'll help."