.:: Lost Paradise {1} ::. Vacation

It was another hella hot day in the beach house. The fans and the airconditioning unit didn't suffice and all four of them were trying their best to cool themselves. Kirsten gave up on her phone, the device also heating up in her hands. Ada, Cassie, and Kenzie just had an intense match of volleyball under the sun so they were sweating like crazy. Ada was on the floor, the fan facing her. She tossed the ball up in the air and caught it, but she felt tired and stopped. 

Everyone was desperate for a way to cool down. 

Suddenly, Alexa and Jianna burst through the door, wide smiles on their faces. Mashy got up from his personal bed and ran to Alexa. She picks him up and runs to the four. 
"Guess what I did today?" she asked excitedly, breathing heavily. 

"What?" the four asked in unison. 

"I got as a yacht!" she exclaimed. 

They all rose up from their seats, wide-eyed. 
"Where in the world did you get the money?!" Kenzie asked. 

"You're joking!" Kirsten squealed. 

"What-" Ada muttered, trying to process what she just heard. 

"Why did you get a yacht?!" Cassie asked at the top of her lungs. 

"Well," Jianna replied, trying to compose a good reason. "Alexa and I just wanted to think of a way to have some fun outside the house together. I mean, Kenzie's been in the office almost the whole week and Ada's always out with the team. Cassie also has things to do. As for Kirsten-um. Anyways, my point is, we wanted to get out and travel a bit."

"There's a nearby island that has a small resort there. We can use the yacht to get there," Alexa added.

"But how did you possibly afford a yacht that could hold all six of us? Including you, Mashy," Kenzie asked, giving Mashy a light pat on the head. 

"It's rented," Jianna replied.

"Costly but we both chipped in," Alexa said. 

Before they could argue a bit more about the expenses, Kirsten stepped in. "Now, now, guys, stop worrying about the money, okay? We're blessed to have this trip so let's not turn this opportunity away. Worry about the bills later."

"That's what you would say," Ada mumbled. 

"Fine," Cassie replied, putting a smile on her face. "Let's go on a mini cruise."

"What the-" Ada shouted as she ran towards the dock. 

The yacht they rented was massive. It was pearly white lined with gold stripes and blue. The deck was wide and there were comfy seats lined around. There was even a small hot tub on the deck! There was also a small indoor grill station to have a cookout on the ocean. 

They all excitedly got in, their feets stomping on the shiny wooden floor. It was a slightly cloudy day the moment they got in and it was the perfect time to set sail. They dropped their bags and ran around the boat, their excitement was uncontrollable. 

"The deck is so huge. We could play volley here!" Cassie remarked, happily hopping around the deck. 

"I really need to take a photo of the water and the dock. It's so aesthetic," Kenzie said, rushing to get her camera. 

"There's champagne!" Kirsten screamed. They all began to laugh as she runs out with a big bottle of alcohol. Best if they hid that from her. Alexa and Jianna were the last to get in, signing a few papers and grabbing their things. Alexa lets go of Mashy, who happily runs around the floor. It was slightly slippery for his tiny paws so he began to slide across to the cockpit of the boat. 

"Wait," Ada began as she starts to put her things aside. "Who's driving the boat?"

Jianna puffs up her chest a bit, "Ladies and dog, I will be the captain of this ship."

They all gaped and laughed. Cassie clapped her hands, "WOWOW, you know to drive this ship diay?"

Jianna nodded, "Of course. Why did you think I was busy the past few days? I was exploring the seven seas."

"If we get lost, I'll kill you," Kirsten said, trying to look around the place for a cork opener. 

"Don't worry, they gave me the map. It's simple. It's only around an hour without any stops." 

"Let's play volleyball!" Ada said, throwing the ball in the air, signaling the start of the match.

All five of them (except the Captain and Mashy, who wanted to keep her company) ran to the deck, taking off their shoes and grouping themselves. 

"Whoever knocks the ball into the water has to dive in and get it!" Kenzie shouted as she hits the ball towards Kirsten. 

The relaxing sensation of the water under the boat was hard not to enjoy. The sun was hidden behind the clouds so it wasn't too hot outside. Loud music played on a Bluetooth speaker they brought along and it was the vacation of their dreams. It was nearly sundown, they were expected to arrive at the island by the time the sunset is about to end. Everyone rushed to take a photo of the clouds, the water, the boat, Mashy. 

At one point, Cassie knocked the ball off the boat, causing Jianna to make a quick break so she could dive in. Everyone was laughing their butts off as they teased one another. Cassie grabbed the ball and threw it in the boat. At first, she refused to get in, explaining how the water was so cool. Then she grabs Ada and pulls her in, causing everyone to scream and laugh. 

The two managed to get back in, soaking wet but still smiling. Mashy also had the hot tub all to himself, his tiny paws waddling around. The water was set to normal so it wasn't hot for the puppy. 

Jianna focused on the map, making sure she doesn't get off track. An hour has passed and the sun was almost completely down. 

"Land ho!" Billy calls out. She spots the island. There was a dense forest surrounding a dark mountain. There wasn't any light so it looked odd and scary. The mood died down as they try to configure where they are. 

"Billy," Kenzie said slowly as they all gather around the wheel. "Are you sure this is the right island?"

"It is!" Jianna exclaimed, showing her the map. She was indeed correct. The map was leading them to that dark and scary-looking island. 

"They probably gave the wrong directions," Alexa said. "Billy, let's just turn around."

"But there's not enough fuel," Jianna replied, tapping the screen. "We need to dock."

"But the island looks empty! Where will we get fuel?!" Kirsten said, starting to freak out. "Is there an emergency supply?"

"I'll go check," Ada offered, running downstairs. 

"I think you're right, Bill," Cassie said. "Let's land and refuel there."

Jianna nodded, her grip on the wheel tightening. They all stood behind her, fear and hope mixing all over themselves. It was getting dark and they need to do something quick. Then they heard footsteps behind them. Ada came running in the cockpit. 

"Guys," she began, catching her breath. "There's no emergency supply."

TO BE CONTINUED