=8= A "Little" Splash (ft. Mashy)

"Paw, Mashy," Alexa commanded gently. Mashy, the little brown puppy, looked at her puzzled. She held her fist down, hoping the pup would put his paw on top. A treat waited inside her fist. Mashy, however, only stuck out his tongue and smiled at his owner. 

Alexa pouted, "Mashy, you're supposed to put your paw on my hand. Like this-" She gently takes the puppy's paw and puts it on hers. "Like that? Now, paw, Mashy!"

Mashy puts his paw down and rolls on his back, demanding a belly rub. Alexa sighs and tosses the treat at him, Mashy happily eats it up. She picks him up and puts him on her lap, giving him the belly rubs he wants. Cassie walks in and Mashy excitedly jumps up and down, nearly knocking off Alexa's glasses. The puppy still recognized Cassie as the person who took him from the pound. It hops in front of Cassie, waiting for her to scoop him up and raise him in the sky. Cassie chuckles, picking Mashy up and swaying his tiny body in the air. Mashy barks joyfully. 

"He likes you," Alexa points out. 

Cassie smiles, putting the energetic pup down as it retreats in Alexa's arms. "Well, I did rescue it from his roommates."

"Huh? What roommates?"

"The pound owner said that Mashy had a hard time fitting in with the other puppies. He's a very gentle and shy one and his brothers and sisters were rough and liked to bite."

Alexa glances at Mashy, who was running around the couch, swiftly dodging the coffee table legs. "He seems to be very happy here."

"Definitely," Cassie remarks as Mashy bumps his head on her leg. He shakes it off and continues to run around like there was no tomorrow. Just then, Kirsten comes down the stairs, only to be greeted by Mashy who always happily greets every single one of the Barkadigans. Kirsten waves at Mashy as she makes her way to the kitchen, "Hiya Mashy!"

"Oi Mashy, come here," Alexa called out. Mashy's ears perk up and he dashes to his owner. Alexa laughs as he tries to lick her cheeks again. "Let's go for a walk, shall we?"

"You guys are going for a walk?" Jianna calls out from the stairs. "Can we join you?" Ada pops out from behind, wearing a cap. 

"Where are you guys going?" Cassie asked. 

"Ada needs new knee pads. I need to buy groceries," Jianna replies. 

"Where's Kevin?" Kirsten asked, her eyes glued to her phone as the music begins to play very loudly. 

"Work," Ada answered. "OSF stuff. She's been busy since the apocalypse, remember?"

"There's coffee by the counter, Cass," Jianna says as she heads outside. 

Cassie gives a thumbs-up as she begins to plug the T.V. Alexa grabs the leash on the coffee table and ties it gently on Mashy. The pup began to jump, excited to go out and touch the sand. He barked enthusiastically and wagged its tail like crazy. 

"You wanna touch the sand, Mashy? Huh? Do ya?" Alexa whispers, scratching Mashy behind the ears. 

Mashy barks, Yes!

"Let's go," Ada calls from outside. Mashy takes the lead and runs straight towards the door, forcing Alexa to catch up as she holds on tightly to the leash. 

"MASHY!" Alexa screams as Mashy runs down the shore, turning to the left to splash its paws on the waves crashing. Ada and Jianna hurriedly try to catch up with the duo, laughing. Mashy wastes no time in jumping up and down as each wave comes. Alexa runs up to him and scoops him up, wet sand and rocks all over his paws. "Mashy, you're dirty now."

"That's alright, Bob," Jianna assures her. "Let the pup enjoy the outside world."

"I know," Alexa mutters, putting down the dog on the sand again. Mashy sits on the sand, staring up at his owner. Alexa tilts her head, Mashy follows. "What's wrong, Mashy?" she asks. Mashy, out of nowhere, tries to mock her. "Arrghh arrgh, argghy?" 

The three of them burst out laughing. Alexa ruffles his head, "Silly dog."

"Mashy likes to mock you, Bob," Ada remarks. 

"Don't be a bully, okay, Mashy?" Alexa said to the pup. Mashy just licks her nose. 

"This is where we separate," Jianna said, looking up at the jagged and narrow path that goes up to the road. "Ada and I will be on our way to the mall. We'll probably meet up with Kevin. Have fun with Mashy."

They said goodbye and the duo had the beach all to themselves. Alexa smirks at Mashy, "You thinking what I'm thinking, Mashy?"

Mashy tilts his head, Huh?

She points at the waves crashing on the shores. "Let's take a splash, Mashy!"

She yeets her slippers in the air and runs to the water with Mashy leading the way. They jumped as each wave comes, Mashy's leash getting soaked instantly. 

"Alexa," Kirsten slowly whispers as she stares at the duo entering the house. 

"Don't!" Cassie exclaimed, throwing her hand in front of them. "Stay right there. I'll get a mat."

She runs up the stairs. Kirsten silently takes a photo of them. They were covered in sand and Alexa's hair was wet. Her shirt had sand and wet sand all over. There was even a tiny seaweed poking out from behind her ear. 

But Mashy.

He was completely covered in sand that he was like a walking cake pop. There was only his tongue poking out from all the sand, bouncing up and down as he breathes.

"You guys had way too much fun," Kirsten said. 

Alexa, however, laughed. "Yes, we did! HAHAHAHA"

Cassie comes back with a towel and a mat. She puts it down on the floor and wraps the towel around Alexa. She takes off the leash, "I'll clean this. You clean Mashy and.. you."

Alexa picks him up the tiny cake pop and heads to the bathroom. She passes by Kirsten then suddenly stomps in front of her, scaring Kirsten. She laughs out loud. Kirsten scowled, "TAKE A SHOWER, BOB!"