=1= A New Home

"Shut up."
Kenzie said, her phone glued to her ears.
"It's true, Kev. Alexa actually got a beach house that can fit all of us."
"But isn't that too much? Like, it's a freakin' beach house!"
She heard Jianna chuckling at the other end, "But she's not taking a 'no' for an answer. So pack your bags! We're moving in!"
"Hold up, Billy. Let me catch my breath. The six of us living in a beach house?"
"Duh. We'll be there in ten minutes to help you pack. You're the only one who didn't pack yet."

"Kevin!"
Kenzie turned to find Kirsten running towards her, hugging her tight.
"Can't. Breathe!"
Kirsten finally lets go, "Come on, Kevin! Hurry up."
"Hold your horses. I'm almost done."
Ada, Cassie, and Alexa walked in and waved. Ada quickly ran to Kenzie and grabbed her luggage.
"Ada! What're you doing?"
Ada loved to swipe things from us in a blink of an eye. Back then, she would steal their water jugs and envelopes and held on to them for a long time.
Alexa and Cassie began to help Kenzie while Ada and Kirsten ran around, chasing each other, not helping Kenzie.
"Hey, where's Billy?" Kenzie asked.
"Jianna? She's in the car. She didn't sleep well last night," Cassie replied.
"Actually, she didn't sleep at all," Alexa said.
"What?! Why?"
"Because she had to finish the final touches to the house, Kenz," Kirsten said, taking the luggage from Ada's hands.
Kenzie dropped her things in confusion, "Wait a minute, what do you mean she had to finish te final touches to the house?"
Ada smiled, "She made the house."

The car was quiet. Jianna only heard the sound of the aircon and the engine running. The radio was off and she lied down at the back, staring up.
It was true, she didn't sleep at all last night.
Some of the furniture was delivered really late and she had to help arrange them all.
I mean, six beds, a long couch, and a gigantic fridge was tough.
Suddenly, she heard something outside. It sounded like someone was shouting.
"BILLY!"
She gulped. Uh oh.
The car door swung open. There stood Kenzie, breathing hard.
"Hi Kev!" Jianna greeted.
She was upside down, lying down on the seats.
"Stand up," Kenzie commanded.
Jianna got up and got out of the car. She was wearing the same purple hoodie she always wore. "You never told me you made the freakin' house! I thought Bob bought it!" Kenzie said, pointing at Alexa.
"You actually made a house?"
Jianna nodded.
"Near a beach?"
"Uh huh"
"A house near the beach?"
"Uh huh"
"A private beach?!"
"Uh huh"
Kenzie sighed, "Why are you like this?"
To her surprise, Kenzie hugged her.
"Thanks, Bill."

The house was huge and was basically covered with windows. It had a lot of sunlight inside and just gave you the vacation vibes.
The interior design had a beachy feeling.
The couch was soft and long, and had plenty of room for everyone. Kirsten dropped her bags and fell right on the couch, burying her face on the cushions.
"I got dibs on the TV!" Alexa exclaimed, grabbing the remote from the coffee table in front of the couch.
"Gah, it's all of our TV, Bob," Ada said, sitting down beside Kirsten.
Cassie and Jianna were busy bringing in the bags while Kenzie and Ada roamed around the house. Right behind the couch was the dining table and the kitchen. There was a mini bar where they could sit down and watch the chef cook.
Beside the kitchen was the stairs to the bedroom and bathroom.
There were six beds, three on each side.
"I got dibs on this one!" Ada said, rushing towards the bed near the window, overlooking the ocean.
The bathroom was big and spacious.
"Who knew Billy would make something like this," Ada muttered, turning on her phone.
"She always dreamed of making a house," Kenzie added.
Just then, they heard Alexa and Kirsten shouting downstairs.
"Bob! You've had your turn! Let me watch the TV!"
"Nuh uh! Don't make me sit on the remote, Jeff!"
Ada began to laugh. So did Kenzie.
"Seriously, I can't buy a new TV," Jianna said, entering the room with the luggages.
Cassie followed, bringing in another luggage.
"It feels like a vacation, to be honest," Cassie said.
"But it's a house I actually made!" Jianna said, gleefully.
Kenzie stood up from her bed and stretched her arms.
"Alright, I'm gonna go down and watch some TV. How about you, Cassie?"
"I'll unpack my things. I'll probably help Ada too."
"Alright. How about you, Billy?"
Jianna rubbed her eyes, "I'll take a nap."
Kenzie sighed, "You should."
Jianna walked over to her bed and collapsed.
"Don't wake me up for dinner," she mumbled under the blankets.
"Dinner? I thought you love dinner."
But then she fell asleep.
Kenzie and Cassie shrugged. She deserves the rest.
Meanwhile, Ada was busy playing a game on her phone while Kenzie, Alexa, and Kirsten watched TV.
In their new house, in a new home.

Author here. Not to confuse y'all, but we actually have nicknames for each other.
Kenzie - Kevin
Cassie - Joe
Kirsten - Jeff
Alexa - Bob
Ada - Frank
Jianna - Billy
Hope y'all enjoyed! 🍳🍔🍟🍝🍕