=5= James

"It's letter C," Jianna lazily called out from the couch, her eyes glued to the television screen with a hint of exhaustion. She just finished cleaning the kitchen and lied down on the long sofa, taking up half of it.

The host in the show smiled wide as he pulled down the card and shouted, "CORRECT! It is the letter B!" Then it was followed by an explosion of confetti and the audience screaming, the contestant kneeling on the ground, crying with joy as the host presents a giant check.

Jianna closed her eyes and rolled back, burying her face in the pillows. "I knew it," she muttered loud enough for Alexa to hear. Alexa, who sat beside her and hugged a cushion, rolled her eyes. "Tsk. No, you didn't."

"Never said the letter C was wrong," Jianna pointed out, her voice covered by the pillow.

"'Sus," Alexa said, leaning back with a smile.

Suddenly, the door burst open, startling her. Kirsten came in, her arms full of shopping bags. She hurriedly dropped them on the ground and ran to Alexa, completely ignoring the fact that someone was trying to get some peace and quiet on the sofa. She shook Alexa, her phone in her right hand. Her breathing was hard as if she ran all the way from the mall.

"Gosh, Kirsten," Alexa exclaimed, grabbing her by the shoulders to calm her down. "What's the matter?"

"IT HAPPENED!" Kirsten shouted, startling Jianna. "We finally met up and he's coming over!"

Jianna stood up quickly, a pillow under her arm. She had a look of annoyance. Her hair was messed and she had a scowl on her face. "I'm going upstairs."

Kirsten waved her off. "Whatever, Billy. Go get your beauty rest."

Jianna waved a fist at her, only to bump into Kenzie. She had a bottle of ice-cold water and a bag of barbeque chips. "You okay, Bill?" she asked Jianna.

"I'm perfectly fine," she whispers, brushing past her.

Kenzie turned back at Kirsten and Alexa and tilted her head. "What's going on?"

"Jeff is bringing her date home," Alexa replied happily with an obvious sign of sarcasm.

Kenzie nodded, understanding immediately. "Gotcha. I'll check on Billy and Frank upstairs."

"Where's Cassie?" Kirsten asked, her breathing finally normal.

"Getting her laptop fixed," Kenzie replied, running up the stairs with the sound of chips following her.

"You're bringing him over for dinner?" Alexa asked. Kirsten sat down beside her and nodded. She turned on her phone and smiled as she rereads her recent conversation with him.

"Yes, I am," she replies eventually. "We need to make some chicken. He loves chicken."

"We can order for take-out," Alexa suggested. "Jianna seems pissed at you."

Kirsten shrugged, eyes on the phone. "She'll cool down and cook for us. Besides, I am not lowering my standards for James."

"Oh. That's his name."

Kirsten gives her a slap on the arm. "You seriously forgot his name?!"

Alexa shrugs and turns back at the television. A loud commercial for shampoo and conditioner just played and that was what took her attention.

"CHICKENNNN!" Ada squealed as she ran down the stairs, a platter full of fried chicken set on the table. She was blocked by Kirsten who had a deadly glare.