[ZApoc (2)] A Free Jeep

It was dark and cold. They all turned on their phone flashlights and unplugged everything in the house.
Once that was settled, they sat down on the couch again to discuss what they need to do next.
Ada brought along her baseball bat while Jianna was busy eating her now cold cup o' noodles.
"This Dr. Zebdos," Alexa began, "is he still okay?"
"I don't know. I ran as fast as I can when I saw one of our coworkers acting all strange," Kenzie replied.
"Strange? What kind of strange?" Jianna asked, her mouth full of noodles.
"Like, biting-everyone-in-the-room strange."
Jianna retreated back to her seat, "Ah. Got it."
"What are we going to do?" Kirsten asked.
"How about we stay right here? We've got all the things we need. Food, Frank with a baseball bat," Cassie said, patting Ada on the back.
"Yeah, but if they come in a huge wave, I can't protect all of you," Ada said.
"It did say we need to evacuate. Our house is in one of the highlighted areas," Kirsten said, standing up.
"But how? We don't have a car!"
Jianna snapped her fingers, "I know where to get one! But it's kinda risky."

"Are you sure this is safe?" Kenzie whispered.
They made it out of the house and walked straight into a forest. They all wore their jackets and Ada brought along the bat.
"Puh-lease," Jianna whispered back, "William can always hook us up with his Jeep."
Jianna led them to a wooden cabin in the middle of the woods. Parked beside the house was a shiny, khaki-colored Jeep.
"And that, my dear Lunch Buddies," Jianna said, walking towards the front door, "is our ride to survival."
She knocked on the door.
"So who is William?" Alexa asked.
"He helped me make the whole house. Such a nice guy," she replied.
The door burst open and they found themselves in front of a man with messy blonde hair and a shotgun in his hands.
He aimed it at them.
Jianna raised her hands, "Woah, there, Will! It's alright!"
William didn't look alright. His skin was gray and his mouth hung open.
"Arrrrggghhh," he replied.
"What? You didn't have enough toast today, Will?" Jianna asked.
Ada pushed her away and swiftly knocked William off with a bat.
Thud
He was knocked out cold.
Jianna fell to her knees, "No!! William!"
Kirsten slapped her back, "Stupid Billy goat! Will's a zombie!"
"Oh. No wonder he looked a little grumpy."
"Get the keys and let's get out of here," Ada said, her grip on the bat tight.

The Jeep had enough space for everyone. They all decided that Ada will drive and Kenzie would navigate.
"Rest in peace, Will," Jianna said, looking out the window.
"Cheer up, Billy," Alexa said, "we'll fix this."
"Where are we going now?" Kirsten asked.
"We need weapons," Kenzie replied, "I know a secret entrance to OSF's weaponary room."
"But isn't the OSF's HQ where all the zombies came from?" Ada asked, turning on the car.
"The weaponary room is quite far from the experimental rooms. And it's locked up. I brought my access card."
"Then step on it, Frank!"
The car's engine roared. The sped off, out of the forest.