.:: Lost Paradise {2} ::. Pamela and the Horo Dom Mermaids

"What do you mean there's no emergency supply?!" Kenzie asked, scared and her voice shaky and alarmed.

"The compartment for the emergency supply is empty! There's no other fuel source," Ada explained.

"This is ridiculous!" Alexa exclaimed, her heart beating so fast. "They've put us all in danger."

Mashy began to whimper, scared and worried about her owners' troubled tones.

Realizing that they couldn't do anything, they had to stop by the island. It looked inhabited. Jianna slowly and carefully drove the ship towards the shore, the waves crashing softly in the night. The scenery was somewhat beautiful but they were all feeling terrified. But all had a sense of hope. Before the ship could even touch the sand, they saw something glow from the distance. The water began to glow around them, giving off a bright neon blue color. It began to stretch out across, surrounding the island, bringing light to the gloomy place. They all ran to the deck, bending themselves to look at the water. Fish and seaweed were seen by the light and the water nearby looked clear and clean.

"Wh-What's," Ada quietly said, her breath taken away and her face illuminating the bright blue light. "happening?"

"I don't know," Cassie mumbled, stretching her arms towards the water. Without hesitation, she dips her hand in. The cold water touches her fingers but it wasn't freezing. It was somehow soft and cooling and almost instantly calmed her nerves down. She could leave her hand in the water the whole night without worrying about anything that could bite but she takes it out, her arm still in good condition.

With a small rough bump, the boat touches the sand. They've docked. The engine is turned off and everything was motionless for a while. Mashy hid behind Ada's legs, who scooped her up and carried her like a baby, hoping to reassure the pup that everything would be okay. Without even talking, they all get off the boat and stare at the water.

The sand was soft under their feet. They took off their shoes and allowed the glowing blue water to wash their toes. They didn't worry about any sort of side effects, they were all just focused on the water like a trance. Mashy licks Ada's chin, but she only remains focused on the sea. Cassie begins to walk, the water nearly covering her knees. Suddenly they hear a soft voice, "Stop!"

They diverted their attention from the water to Cassie, who was also surprised to find herself in the water. Cassie suddenly jumps back and screams. They run to her, Ada tightly holding on to Mashy. Then they screamed too.

Lo and behold, a woman around their age appeared before them, swimming in the water. She was wearing a blue-ish silver chest plate and her hair was braided back. She had short bangs to which she tucked back thanks to the water. She had her hand in the air, gesturing Cassie to step back. But what took them by surprise was her lower torso. She had a tail. It was purple, long, and beautiful.

She was a mermaid.

"Wh-Wha-?" Cassie stammered, losing her balance.

The mermaid takes her hand, the water magically leaving and her palms were all dry. "Be careful of the water."

They've seen zombies and mages from the sky. Seeing a mermaid, they didn't question reality anymore. Alexa slowly steps forward, "Who are you?"

The mermaid gives them a soft smile, "My name is Pamela. I am the Head of the Horo Dom Mermaids."

"What?" Jianna asked, looking at Pamela from head to...tail. "There are mermaids around here."

"I don't know how you humans got here," Pamela said. "only a special path could guide you to our island. You must have followed a map written by a Horo Dom mermaid."