Pick Me Apart || 26

Maybe then my skin would've been thicker, if I lived in a house with no mirrors

- TRIGGER WARNING: there will be mentions of suicide and self harm.-
_____
* 2 hours prior Third person POV*

"I'm sorry it took so long for me to contact you and I know that it is a surprise."

Liam swallows thickly, his eyes refusing to meet her icy blue ones. His ands are wrapped tightly around his warm coffee mug and his heart pounding in his chest is the only thing he can hear. His min starts warning with thoughts, he's been here before. He's been in the exact same predicament, except last time he was over the moon.

"Liam." Perrie says softly, her perfect manicured hand holds his shaking hands. "I haven't been with anyone else, the timeline matches up perfectly. It's yours, I'm pregnant."

His world has officially lost all light. It felt as though he was having an outer body experience, because he could physically see himself turn pale. He could see his eyes turn dark with fright and hopelessness. He can't recognize himself in this state and for that he's angry. He's angry at himself for being so careless and stupid all those months back. He's angry for being angry at that unborn child, his unborn child.

It becomes all too much for him. Too much in fact that he just excuses himself from the table. He grabs his coat that's been resting on the back of his seat and without hearing Perrie's protests, he's fleeing to his car. That's all he can do as he feels his throat tighten, he's not sure if it's bile or the overwhelming feeling of tears ready to cascade down his flushed cheeks. Once he's safe in his vehicle, he screams. He screams without worry or care. He screams for all the wasted time he spent without Bahira. He screams for his recklessness and the karma that was ultimately going to come back to him. He screams for himself.

And just like that, he's falling again.

He's spinning and twirling as he falls. He feels like Alice, once again going down the rabbit hole to Wonderland. He falls until the breath is knocked out of him and the gates once holding back his tears are set free. His mind is screaming at him, yelling, berating him, wondering how he could be such a fuck up.

Fucking idiot.
Can't ever do anything right, can you Liam?
She's going to hate you now more than ever.
You're going to die alone, just like everyone expects you to be.
A waste.
A wast of fucking humanity.
You're so disgusting Liam, so fucking disgusting.
Why don't you just-

"SHUT UP!" He finally manages to shout with his head tucked into his knees. Spine-chilling sobs rack through his body, lurching him forward with every weep. "Just please shut the fuck up!" He begs.