Don't Pretend || 04

If I'm not the one for you, why have we been through what we have been through?_______________

_______________

Liam's POV

"Now tell me Mr. Payne." She sighed removing her glasses from the bridge of her nose. "Who is it that you think you're communicating to?"

"Yea Liam, who's the imaginary girl you've been talking to?" Her little voice teased. I looked over at the sofa, her dark black waves framed her gorgeous face. She bit her lip, letting out a string of giggles, all I could do was groan.

"My...girlfriend?" I questioned myself. Bahira and I never gave each other titles. We never knew what to call one another, I wasn't always hers and she wasn't always mine. I looked over at the honey eyed girl, all she did was shrug, staring intensely at us.

Dr. Peazer nodded jotting down the pieces to my complicated puzzle. She looked back at me and smiled gently. "And how long have you been with your girlfriend?"

I pondered for a moment before she cleared her throat. My eyes snapped to her as she held up six fingers, I nodded silently. "Give or take six months."

"And when have you began to see and feel this girlfriend of yours?" Dr. Peazer asked writing more stuff in her little black book.

I looked over at Bahira, her face was stone cold and was glaring at Dr. Peazer. I opened my mouth to ask her what the problem was, but her cold glare then set on me. Her once light eyes were now a deep brown, almost the same as mine. He smile was a sour scowl as her chest heaved up and down.

"She doesn't believe I'm real Liam, she thinks I'm made up." She growled. "She thinks you're completely bonkers!"

I wanted to do nothing more but calm down my angel, but Dr. Peazer continued to stared intensely. I looked up at her with a smile. "About three weeks ago. I haven't seen her in person however, in almost four months."

"And why haven't you seen her in four months?"

"Why are we even hear Liam?" Bahira sighed, the obvious annoyance appeared in her voice. "She obviously doesn't believe you."

"We-I- had commitment problems." I mumbled ignoring Bahira's angry grunts.

"Did the problems occur later on in the relationship or very promptly?" Dr. Peazer asked cautiously.

I couldn't help my mind as it flashed back to the many times I had betrayed Bahira during the short amount of time I've known her. I thought about all the times I would be with Perrie, not giving a damn about the precious jewel's feelings. Times where I would mindlessly stare and flirt at other women when I knew exactly where my heart belonged. Then, my mind floated to Cheryl. How I would lie straight to her face, telling her that I loved her and that she was the only woman for me. A part of that is still true, I still love her. Just not the same way I love Bahira.