Home || 12

London calls me a stranger, a traveler

__________
Bahira's POV

Call me anything in the book at this very moment, I'd agree with you one hundred percent. I can't even explain myself even if I tried. All I know this that something told me, to be here.

So here I am, back to the same place where it all ended. The same diner on Great Horton Rhode, in the exact same booth. Liam seated on the opposite side as me, playing with the straw wrapping in his visibly shaky fingers.

I know, I know.

I shouldn't be here giving him the time of day. But from what I've heard, he's changed. I'd like to that see for myself. I also want to give him the chance to speak his side of this fuck up story. To tell me why he's still so hung up on the idea of us being a "thing" again.

I just hope this doesn't backfire on me.

"Thank you again for coming Bahira. This honestly means the world to me." He said in a hushed tone as if he spoke too loud, this all would be a dream.

I nodded taking a sip of my sweet tea, purposely avoiding his gaze. "Well, I believe that now we're both in a good place to air this all out."

He nodded clearing his throat as he was about to say something. Before he could, our waiter came by with our food. Shooting us a kind smile, setting each of our plates down in front of us.

"You two have a great date." He smiled nodding.

"Oh we aren-."

"Thank you. Have a great day." Liam interrupted my protest with a huge sarcastic smile. I couldn't help but palm my face and shake my head in annoyance.

"What?" He smirked amusingly as he began to cut his sandwich in half.

"Strike one Payne. Two more and I'm out." I said in all seriousness. He just chuckled shaking his own head.

"Well as I was going to say. I would like you to know that, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything that I've put you through. I never intended to hurt you so much Bahira. Believe it or not but I too, hurt myself in the process." He sighed as his voice started off strong. But slowly faded away with each word.

"I accept your apology. I've grown since the last time we've actually had a civilized conversation." I offered a kind soft smile in which he returned with an eye crinkling one.

"You have, you're way more confident in everything you do. I love it."

"I think it's the hair." I teased tossing my ponytail over my shoulder. He laughed before taking a bite of his meal.

To say that the last 10 minutes was complete hell, I'd be lying to myself. We were actually getting along. More than ever actually and once you think about it, that's pretty sad. Just knowing that back then, we were not in the best place for each other and we still tried to go through with it. I'd say we both dodged a bullet.