Hope || 03

There's dread in my heart and fear in my bones________________

________________

Liam's POV

Driving to work this morning, I could feel it was going to be a different type of day. The air felt lighter, the sun shone brighter and what was even more bizarre, Andy was in a great mood. We met at our usual location, which was in the parking structure of the large building. He, shockingly, said that he had good news for me and whenever he said that to me, well let's just say it was alway bad news. So here I was, sitting in my white Range Rover, leaning my head back on the red leather seats, trying to calm my nerves as I waited for the idiot I promoted to my best friend.

As I sat there, eyes closed for a moment I felt a soft hand touch mine. My eyes snapped open to see her beautiful eyes of hazel and honey. I instantly felt my heart rate pick up as she smiled sinfully at me. I struggled to form words, all that came out was short gasps of stupidity. She giggled, oh that giggle that automatically made my heart leap from my behind my ribs, and put a soft manicured finger on my lips.

"I miss you. So much Liam." She said gently stroking my cheek. Her touch made all my senses alive.

"I miss you too Bahi. Much more than you could imagine." I admitted to the dark haired queen in front of me.

She smiled lovingly at me before climbing into my lap and settling her head into the crook of my neck. I let out a breath that I hadn't realized I was holding in. I held her tightly against me as if at any second she'd disappear. I took in a deep breath of her scent, she smelt exactly the same as I remembered. Of strawberries and kiwis on a nice summer day. She smelt of absolute paradise and bliss, there was no way I was letting her go.

But sadly I did.

There was a tap on my car window and as soon as my eyes snapped open, there was no Bahira. There was just a confused Andy wondering why I was hugging myself. I groaned out loudly rubbing my face over my hands and rage ran its course through my body. I was more than angry, more than upset and definitely more than hurt. I began to punch the steering wheel setting off the horn multiple times as I screamed in frustration.

"Oi! Oi! Calm down Liam!" Andy yelled as he was now in the passenger seat trying to hold my wrists so I was unable to hurt anything else further.

I heaved rhythmically as I tried to look out the window. Hoping that I catch a glimpse of the girl who stole my heart and sanity. But all I received was blurred vision as hot frustrated tears formed in my chocolate eyes.

"Fuck!" I screamed out as a broken sob racked through me. I quickly tried to wipe the tears from my eyes and get my breathing steady.