PDA || 25

I wish I could murder Cupid

____________
Bahira's POV

It was a long drive back to Bradford, too many thoughts were circling around my mind. What am I going to say to him? How am I going to show him that I'm serious about this love of ours? Sure, spilling my heart out to him is one thing, but I know Liam. Actions are way better than words for him, thats his love language and I'm willing to learn that for him.

"Hey." A soft hand holds my knee as my eyes meet Karla's. "You guys are going to be okay, don't worry too much."

God what would I do without her.

"I'm just scared." I confess softly, playing with the tattered ends of my white sweater. "What if he's done? It's not like I could blame him."

Shaking her head, then glancing at Dylan, she sighs and pinches my knee. I let out a small yelp, both of them laughing at my reaction as I rub the tender spot. "Don't be stupid."

"How am I being stupid?" I question in disbelief. This isn't a stupid question, not to me at least. There's a strong possibility that Liam is 100% done with me.

Clearing his throat and adjusting his grip on the stressing wheel, Dylan looks at me through the review mirror momentarily before settling his eyes back on the road. "Didn't he say that he wasn't saying goodbye to you?"

I nod sheepishly, biting my lip softly. "People can change their minds."

"But that fast?"

"It can happen." I argued back and once again the car falls silent. The stubborn girl in me is ready to keep the argument going but the person I am today knows that it'll lead nowhere. All that could happen is that I end up hitchhiking to Bradford and I lose my support system.

"Harry texted me." Karla says quietly and extends her phone towards me.

Great, just great. The last thing I need is Harry being in the mix of all this.

Slipping her phone from her fingers, I take a deep breath and quickly mentally prepare myself for what he has to say. Though, instead of feeling any annoyance or nausea. I just felt fiery rage build up inside me as I read the novel like paragraph carefully and repeatedly.

I tear my eyes away from the screen and Karla who just interlaced her fingers with Dylan's free hand. "What the fuck. When did he send this?"

Karla shrugs, looking out the window. "Sometime last night. Dylan was the one to actually read it."

Looking over at the man who now holds my best friend's love and trust, his jaw was set. This time he didn't look through the review mirror to see my face. His entire demeanor shifted and he was on guard, but not from me. It's in response to Harry and his child-like text message and I can blame Dylan for that.