Reminds Me Of You || 24

Everywhere and anything reminds me of you__________________Bahira's POV

__________________
Bahira's POV

I stayed in Liam's apartment for four days before going back to Karla's. Strangely enough, I didn't cry while I was there. My routine stayed the same and I can't tell you if it's because of my own sick delusions or if it's because that's all my body knows now. I still made enough breakfast for two, still looked at puppies we planned on adopting, I didn't touch anything. Beside's cleaning up the kitchen, everything stayed the same.

I wanted to freeze time.

At the same time I wish us as human beings had our own remotes. I want to fast forward this time without him, just skip forward to the good parts of our lives. The parts where there was only little scuffles and not full blown civil wars. I wanted to see how a peaceful life with him would be already. But little did I realize I was already living that wonderful dream with him the four three nights ago. Why did I let bliss slide through my fingers?

Why am I so fucking afraid?

Because he fucked up? Well so did I.
Because my father would never approve? But my mother told me he'd bare with it if i really loved Liam?

So what the fuck is stopping me?

That's when I stupidly put the pieces together. Instead of having a pity party thrown at me like I thought, I actually created the party. I bought the streamers and balloons, hell I even baked the damn cake. As for entertainment, a clown was there. Me.

I'm the stupid fucking clown.

On day four, today, I've decided to leave my stuff at Liam's. It was much by any means, just a few outfits, underwear and toiletries he bought for me on the days I couldn't get to Karla's. Leaving all that there, I slipped on my shoes, turned out every light there and left out the very same door he did. Though the next time I plan to enter, hopefully he's right by my side. I'm ready, I'm ready to fight for Liam, I'm ready to fight for our love no matter how scared I may be. Today that step starts with Karla.

Taking a deep breath, I step out of the Uber wrapping my warms around myself tightly. In all honesty, I feel like I'm going to throw up and maybe cry in hysteria. Though I know she'll be supportive of me, of us, there's always that small sliver a chance that she wont be. Sure, there's the chance that she lied about being supportive for the sake of the emotional state I was in.

Or, that could just be my anxiety talking.

Waiting in the elevator, as each floor passes I begin to rehearse what I'm going to say. I have to be strong, no voice cracking. Maintain eye contact and keep my guard up. If for whatever reason, shit goes bad then I always have Liam's place to go to. Damn, days like these I'm so happy Karla chose to live on one of the top floors of this apartment complex. My heart soon crawls up my throat and settles in in the back of it as the elevator door slide open with the sound of a ding.