Interlude: The passage of time

Eventually, the magician Rin Tohsaka and her trusty kouhai Mash Kyrielight would reach the final destination, the one that would define the future of humanity, that battle that would be fought there would be one that would never be seen again.

Although, there were problems such as Mash's short life, it was not the time to turn away. Our heroes of Chaldea would arrive near the temple of Solomon, however they would discover that they would be surrounded by the 72 pillar demons, the hopes seemed to decrease at great speed.

The Saint of Orleans, Jeanne D'arc, would then make her appearance and raising her banner high she would call all those heroic spirits to a combat without equal. The amount of summoning spells registered throughout the area was incredible, none of them involved catalysts or summoners, they were genuine autonomous invocations following the thin tracts of destiny of all those paths that crossed.

Extensions of man, shadow of those people who marked history, divine beings and human beings, legends and historical facts, Servants materialized to recover the future that was taken from humanity. Heroic spirits that would respond to the call of that last master who continues to see them as heroes, after having met so many of them, after having faced so many battles. Those Servants who once fought as rivals, all together now to open the way to the last master of humanity.

The road was not easy, but seeing all those faces was an incentive for the main heroine and Mash. Both would arrive at the temple, Salomon was waiting for them there and they would begin to fight, after demonstrating his power, Salomon, or rather the impostor, would show his true form, Goetia, a set of demons, an advent beast. He used all his power to try to annihilate the master of Chaldea and end the battle, however, Mash would block the attack of the ars goetia with her shield, the shield of the heroic spirit Galahad, doing everything possible to defend Rin... Although the price to pay was her own life, Mash had died, she was completely evaporated by the heat and the only thing left standing was the gigantic shield.

Another sacrifice would have to be made... Romani Archaman, or rather, King Solomon. Although, during the oddities, he was a bit clumsy, he was the laughingstock of many, but he would leave everyone with the incredible surprise of his uncertain past and existence by revealing who he really was, the Grand Caster, with the only ring that marked the difference between the end of humanity and its future. According to his story, returning the rings would be the end of the great power of goetia however ... Salomon would also destroy himself ... He disappeared, with that smile on his face ... smile that he would make many times the master of Chaldea and that nobody would forget ...

Goetia's existence by now was ephemeral, her power had been terminated and now everything depended on Rin. She held the shield that Mash had left and she fought as much as she could, using physical blows and her magic. Goetia was practically finished so fleeing the temple was now the primary mission. Rin would run as the temple fell apart, the moment she regained consciousness she saw Mash, what kind of miracle had happened? The truth is that it was thanks to fou, who was cath palug, that beast that had kept great reserves of magical energy over the years and would renounce it to be able to bring Mash back to life, and leaving it as a common animal.

Chaldea had achieved it, human life on the planet had reappeared, although time does not wait for anyone, time had passed even without humanity present, which would affect daily life a bit. For now, Rin and Mash would go out to see the beautiful sky, in that dome of Chaldea, there was no snowstorm that prevented them from seeing the sky returned to normal.

An attempt to reach the apex... a journey beyond the horizon at the expense of all human history.

The grand plot devised by the one who claimed to be King of the Mages. The regression canal/ Light year Genesis ended in failure.

Congratulations. Thanks to your efforts, the case of the incineration of humanity has been closed. You overcame all your trials, and safeguarded your ordinary lives.

Without doubt, humanity will carry on into the future. However, you have overlooked one crucial detail. The battle against the distant age of gods - the past - has ended. So, you should be able to figure out what comes next, yes?

These are some little riddles to prepare you for your next big case. A few fragments, or rather signs for the great battle that's yet to come. For example, a plot devised through fabrication. For example subjugation through fantasy. For example, vengeance sought through dreams. For example, advent through superstition... and for example, the sought of relics....

Five fragments full of decadence and love, prejudice and lust. All mysteres exist to be solved. The beloved "remnants" that the Mage King left behind, i'm sure these endeavors will have a sweetness all their own... Are you ready?

To be continued...

Author's note: Yep, as you have read, this is an interlude more than anything, it goes without saying that as far as the history of RWBY is concerned is that we are not told much what happens between volume 3 and 4, for What remains to be said is that this time corresponds to the journey of Ruby, Jaune, Ren and Nora before Chapter 1 of the corresponding volume and that it will be our starting point. The next chapter will be in line with Chapter 1 of Volume 4 of RWBY. The red archer returns to Remnant, but this time there are new problems, new friends, new romances, all that and more in the next chapters of Hero of Remnant.

I apologize for the super slow update of Hero of Remnant chapters, only that I have been busy developing my novel (they would support me a lot if you could give it a read), but I assure you that these days that I still have on vacation I will do my best to update this and other stories, as always, if you want to add any other character to the Harem, I will be happy to hear you, without more to say, your friend Alexander Mercury says goodbye, see you in the next chapter.