Epilogue (Part 2)

ELISA

"Huh?"

"I was there when you gave birth. Wala lang ako sa loob ng labor room pero nasa hallway lang ako. I just stayed there for an hour because I still have worked at that time. I asked the nurse too kung anong pangalan ng baby girl natin. At first she was hesitant but she gave in. You named her ELISE DOMINIQUE, right? And that's beautiful. It made me damn happy. Lalo akong ginanahan magtrabaho." And then he smiled.

Hindi makapaniwala sa mga sinabi niya. All this time, nasa paligid lang pala namin siya. How I wasn't able to see him even once? Am I too occupied or sadyang magaling lang talaga siyang magtago?

"You're really good at hiding. Sana man lang nagpakita ka sakin kahit isang beses." Nagtatampo kong sabi.

"Because I want to surprise you. Anyway, you did a great job. I'm so proud of your new achievement. Though I want to wrap you earlier at the party." Nanlaki ang mata ko.

"You were there?!"

"Yeah..." Napa-isip ako. Paano siya nakapasok kung wala naman siyang invitation?

"How you got in there? Do you have an invitation?"

"No, I don't have. But I asked one of your security to take his place. I just gave him money and he went home. Easy, right?"

"You really surprised me! Muntik pa kitang batuhin ng vase!"

"Reflexes baby," Sabay halik niya ulit sakin.

"Dominic,"

"Hmmm?"

"Si Leslie..."

"What about her? Is she alive?"

"Yes. And... she's with Marco now. May anak na sila." Tumaas ang dalawang kilay niya.

Wait, don't tell me he's jealous?!

"I don't care. Bagay silang dalawa." Sabay subsob niya sa leeg ko.

"Wait, aren't you mad at her?" Humarap siya sakin.

"I've already forgiven her. To be honest, I was thinking if she got killed when the accident happened. Even though she was a bitch at that time, I know that she's got carried away because of her obsession with me. May kasalanan rin ako kaya kami naaksidente. If I didn't push her button, maybe it didn't happen. Why? You saw her already? Have you both talked?"

"Yes. She's pregnant at that time when I saw her. I slapped her. Not her tummy. She said sorry and asked for my forgiveness. Hindi niya raw ginusto ang nangyari sayo. At first, I was hesitant to believe her. But when Marco told me what kind of person she was in the past, I understood why she became like that." I looked at him.

"She was a raped victim when she was 14. Naging estudyante siya ni Marco noon. He told me that Leslie was a type of student who's very quiet and a nerd. She got bullied by her classmates when she was in High School too."

"Oh, damn. I didn't know that. Well, I feel sorry for her. I hope that Marco can love her. She deserves it too." I smiled at him.