Chapter 67

ELISA

"I have to go now, Mon Cheri. I'll just send you a message when I see her." Marco told me before he leaves.

Tumango naman ako at hinatid siya sa may labas ng opisina ko. But it was a wrong move. Nakasalubong namin si Dominic at Alex. Bigla akong kinabahan ng magharap ang dalawa. Namulsa si Marco at tinitigan si Dominic. Samantalang si Alex naman ay gulat na gulat.

"Long time no see, Saavedra." Dominic just smirked at him.

"Likewise." Tumango naman si Marco tsaka lumingon sakin.

"I'll go now. Take care." Wala na siyang ibang sinabi pa at tuluyan ng umalis.

I looked at Dominic who was just staring at me. Is he mad?

"He went here, because... we discussed an important matter. I hope you don't mind?"

Kinalabit siya ni Alex. Huminga ng malalim si Dominic tsaka siya humakbang palapit sakin sabay yakap ng sobrang higpit. Nginitian ko lang si Alex.

"Una na 'ko, ha? Puntahan ko na si Kara! Nasaan siya?" Tanong ni Alex sakin.

Bumitaw sakin sa pagkakayakap si Dominic.

"I don't know where she is right now. Do you have her number?" I asked him.

"Ah, meron! Tawagan ko na lang siya."

"Sure! Enjoy your first day!" I said to him.

Maya-maya pa ay nawala na siya paningin namin. He's too excited.

"Let's go inside." Hinila ako ni Dominic papasok sa loob ng opisina.

As soon as we entered my office, he hugged me again.

"Is there a problem? Why are you being too clingy right now, huh?" He did not answer me and he just hugged me even more. I could smell his scent as well as the heat of his body.

God, he affects me so much.

"If you're mad because of what you saw earlier—"

"I'm not mad. I just missed you so much." He said. He still doesn't let go of me. I just smiled and let him hug me as much as he wanted.
"Elisa... Baby?"

"Hmmm?"

"You know that I love you so much, right? And I'm very sorry for what I did to you years ago." Why he open this all of a sudden?

"Yeah... I know..." I hugged him back. I want to hold him.

"I'm very sorry. I know sometimes, I'm a jerk. But I'm doing my best to be a good husband for you no matter how bad I was to you." I closed my eyes and feel this warmth.

"Why are you saying that? Alright. You're forgiven. Stop saying sorry." He released me and looked me in the eye as well as on my lips.

"You're weird," I said to him. He chuckled.

"Now that I'm forgiven, I want you to tear this for me." Kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya.

He took something from inside his camel bomber jacket. A brown envelope.

"Here," Sabay abot niya sakin. Confused, I took it from him and opened it.

I'm shocked. After 3 years, I'm holding this paper again.

It's our annulment paper. I looked up at him when I saw the paper he gave me. I am the only one who signed it.

"You didn't sign this?"

"Yes. The day after we came back from HongKong 3 years ago, I decided not to sign it. But things happened. I'm sorry."

"Dominic..."

"I told you, right? You're still my wife. I lied when I told you that we're annulled the night you saw me with that woman. I know I was stupid for hurting you that night. And for fooling you years ago. I know you still can't forget that but I want you to trust me. I told you, didn't I? I will take you and our child back. God knows how much I'm thankful that you gave me a chance to be with you. I'm always praying that we'll both have our own happy ending that you deserve. I once said to God that If you're not my end, then I don't know how to start anymore. I'd rather choose to end my life if you'll not forgive me. I know that I don't deserve your forgiveness but I do believe that I deserve a second chance to be better. I may joke and tease you a lot, but I've already learned my lesson. I envied Marco because he made you wonderful and strong. I'm thankful to him because he taught you things that I didn't. He's a good guy and he loves you. But I'm sorry, you are mine. You made me become a better man. And that paper, I want you to tear that– in front of me. Now. I actually want to burn that damn paper but we're inside your office and—" I cut him off and kissed him. He kissed me back.

He's really telling the truth. I'm happy.

We broke our kiss and I put back the paper inside its envelope.

"Hey, you should tear that now." I chuckled.

"I'll burn this later, alright?"

"Where?"

"In our house." He grabbed my waist and whispered in my ear.

"I can't wait to go home." He kissed me again.

I guess it's over.