The Starry Summer Night ❁

*.☽.*

Late summer.

It had been about more or less two hundred and fifty days since that fateful day he officially asked me to marry him up on that cliff overlooking the majestic Australian ocean view. Sure, it had been months but every detail seemed to have remained fresh in my thoughts until now. From the way he looked as he took out the ring, how he knelt down on one knee, that one final blink he had before popping the question and the look of joy and love on his face when I said yes.

That specific feeling I had in my heart when he spun me around surrounded by those beautiful daisies was something I kept inside the intangible locket in my heart. Every little thing about that was a dream come true. It was magical, almost unrealistic but nevertheless real in every way.

Here we are now.

We both stood on the very place where we first met. Being here again made me appreciate that day I saw him up here. I could perfectly remember how he emerged from the giant rock formation on the other side, how anxious I was unexpectedly seeing someone else was here aside from me. The confusion that took over me as I watched him walked towards the edge and the way I had to hold my breath when I thought he was going to jump. A natural embarrassed smile took over my lips as I recalled how I accidentally kicked him between his pants. By this time, I understood that it was a vital part of our memory of that day.

Honestly, it still remained a wonder to me how, of all the people, it was him. I could've met someone else up here but it was Baekhyun, someone who was adored by a lot of people. As I thought of the things that happened after we found out how we felt for each other, it all made sense. I had finally known why it was him of all people.

It has to be the guy in a black bucket hat.

Tearing my attention from the familiar view in front of me, I gazed at him. His eyes were closed as he seemed to be taking in the wondrous scenery, feeling the summer breeze on his face. His hair was slightly blown by the friendly wind. The gentle look on his face kinda made me think that he was probably thinking of the same thing. He looked as contented and happy as I was and it was so rewarding. The subtle smile he had on right now almost if not completely, melted my heart.

His smile is the key to the butterflies in my stomach.

Momentarily taking off my attention from him, I tilted my head up to look at the sky silently thanking the heavens for the blessing standing next to me. I didn't want to imagine how my life would have turned out if he wasn't in it.

I turned to him again and it was as if it was the first time I ever laid eyes on him. Only now, he wasn't wearing a bucket hat anymore. He wasn't meters away from me just like the last time but was now inches away from where I stood. I didn't have to run towards him thinking he'd jump but had somehow found my place right next to him. It almost felt like I was supposed to be here, like I was finally home.

Baekhyun is my home.

The old hiking place, same spot. Same season, same people who now meant very differently to each other.

Yes, he's still the same person but he meant differently to me now. From being the celebrity that I didn't recognize, he's now the love of my life. He would be the man who would wait for me at the end of the aisle tomorrow. It was still almost unbelievable but he'd be the man who I would call my husband, a father to our kids slash strawberries as he would refer them. Someone whom I love and would continue to love with my whole heart.

I took a deep breath, closed my eyes to savor the moment as if trying to etch everything about today in my memory. Sealing it in an imaginary vault in my head.