FROM PAIGE

THIS IS NOT AN UPDATE

Hi, this is Paige.

I write this letter with a heavy heart. Recently, I found out that my fics have been posted on a different site without my permission. I also found out that Ephemeral, which I dearly treasure the most, was posted on a site where it is downloadable by pdf.

To say that I feel robbed is an understatement, to say that I am frustrated is also an understatement.

I was on a 7-year hiatus before I decided to pick up and write again. Yes, Ephemeral made me write again. And if you have been following me, you would know that it's been almost three years since I wrote about the Old Hiking Place. That is three years of my life. I feel deeply, emotionally attached to it and ending it is something hard to do (explains why it remains on going up until now).

Ephemeral does not merely contain the plot, the setting and the characters...it contains a part of me. I write my heart out on every line, every scene, and every word. At times I feel empty for a few days after posting an update and that is simply because with every chapter that I drop, it contains a part of myself that I willingly share to you guys.

These past few years have been the toughest for me; however, despite my busy schedule I still try best to find ways to update because I know that there are some of you who patiently wait for it. And I wanna do it, I sincerely wanna do it.

Writing has been my escape and I am so glad that I have my fics to help me cope with these trying times. Just like some of you, whenever I am stressed, I dive into these worlds I created to forget and be comforted. With these being said, I think that you know how much my fics mean to me.

This breaks my heart, knowing that there are some of you here who consider Ephemeral and my other fics as your source of comfort as well. I want you to know that I value and cherish that. It makes all my hard work pay off. It is rewarding to know that I somehow provided comfort and made some people feel better, no matter where you are in the world.

However, I hope you will also understand why I am going to do this. Why I am going to take down all my fics that I have uploaded here. I have to do this before I get entirely discouraged and completely lose the heart to continue writing. In order to keep going, I have to feel safe doing something that I love.

This is not goodbye, if you want to continue following my updates. I will provide a link below where you can find them.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1872112
(Or you can visit my profile for the link)

If you go out of your way and want to continue this journey with me, I will appreciate it. If not, I believe there are millions and millions of great stories that you can find since the world never runs out of great writers.

-Paigee

P.S. Fanfiction is already for free, why must this happen to the ones who write for real.