The Sun and Moon ❁

SOUTH KOREA

06:03 AM

I blinked my eyes while I stare at my reflection in the mirror. I was inside the bathroom as I once again, made trip in here after feeling nauseous. I washed my face by my thoughts were on the exact words the doctor told me yesterday when I visited the hospital after feeling sick for a few days.

"You are expecting a little one Haewon, Congratulations."

I took a deep breath, remembering the joy it brought me right after I heard the confirmation. It was obvious that Baekhyun and I had been waiting for this moment to come. He'd been talking non-stop about having a little strawberry bub soon. Now it had finally came true. I'm pregnant.

My hands travelled to my stomach, my palms flat on my skin as I felt tears forming in my eyes before they unstoppably rolled down my cheeks. I inhaled a few deep breaths as I let out of a small laugh and cry at the same time.

"Hi bub." I muttered. "I promise I'll be a good mom to you." I added, sniffling unable to contain my emotions.

I stayed in front of the sink for a few more minutes before I decided to come out of the bathroom. Heading straight to the unoccupied bed, I reached for my phone. Since I received the news yesterday, I was tempted to call Baekhyun over and over again.

He was out of the country for an overseas schedule. He left a day before I knew about my condition. He won't be back until Saturday. Aware that it was just Tuesday, my heart sank at the thought of a few more days without him.

After thinking about it through and through, I decided to tell him in person. I wanna see his face, his reaction when I finally tell him that our strawberry is on the way.

However, he knew that I had been feeling sick lately and he checked on me a lot while he was away. However today, my heart wanted to burst wanting to hear his voice. I missed him so, so much.

I dialled his number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey Baby..." His voice was husky and sleepy.

"I miss you." I said right away, biting my lower lip to stop myself from crying again.

Hearing his voice made me emotional all of a sudden.

I heard him smiled and I could picture him perfectly.

"You know I miss you too, right?"

I nodded, not realizing that he won't be able to see me.

"I hope you can come home sooner." I couldn't help but be honest. "I need you here." I added with evident sadness in my tone.

"Hey, hey Baby." He sounded alarmed. "Is everything okay? Did something happen...do you still feel sick? How do you feel now? Are you sure you're taking care of yourself?"

His interrogation made me smile. I should quit making him worry like this, I thought.

"Everything is fine Baek, your wife is just being dramatic because she misses you so much." I replied.

He sighed in relief in an exaggerated manner.

"I love it when you tell me you miss me. I'll be home as soon as I can, I promise."

"Hmm." I noted as I nodded.

"Are you going to work today? Are you sure you feel better now?"

"Yeah. I'll just meet with a client today to discuss the design for the building he owns."