The Past in the Present ❁

*.☽.*

I couldn't believe winter had finally arrived.

We were standing under the shade right next to the playground since I asked him to stay for a while so we could watch the snow a bit longer. Since the place was empty of other people, I thought it wasn't going to be risky and he might have thought of the same thing since he agreed.

The lights coming from the light posts were kind of dim and it pretty much complemented the snow. This was my first snowfall in Korea after I came back. And honestly, it kind of felt nostalgic too. Maybe because I couldn't really remember the last time I get to just pause and watch it.

I stretched a hand out to catch the falling snowflakes. I loved how they feel icy cold against my skin at fist and melt right away. I've been doing it for the couple of minutes when I felt him hold my other hand. I instantly turned to him and was welcomed by gentle expression on his face. His lips curved into a smile and it just gave me the most heartwarming feeling.

I saw him extend his other hand out too and did what I was exactly doing. He looked up and I watched how his face lit up. Watching him right now was making me feel so soft.

Everything seemed to be in a slow motion. I just stared at him until his eyes met mine once more. I loved how we just gazed at each other in the absence of words or the fact that we weren't worried about being caught this time. The rest of the world didn't seem to matter for now.

My hand fell to my side as I felt my feet moving towards him and I tiptoed to plant a kiss on his cheek. He seemed a bit surprised by what I did but nevertheless pulled me into a hug afterwards.

They say if you're with someone you love during the first snowfall, you'll stay together for a long time.
I never hoped for this to be true so bad until now.

***

By the time we got to his house, the snowing got a bit hard. Since he parked his car outside, it was impossible not to get wet as soon as we got out of the car. We ran to the entrance of his house and stopped when we were right outside the main door. I head him chuckle right beside me which caught my attention right away. When I looked at him, a handsome grin was on his face while he brought his hand to my heard. My forehead creased for a moment wondering what was he about to do but then I realized that he was getting rid of the snow on my hair.

"Snow looks good on you but..." He trailed off as he met my eyes for a second. "I don't want you to get sick."

There goes the butterflies again.

I smiled and looked away for a bit.

"What?" He asked, wondering.

"Will you stop giving me the butterflies?" I answered wanting to tease him.

He let out of a soft laugh while he led his hand to the small of my back and pulled me closer till our bodies were pressed against each other.

I was a bit flustered at how swift and flawless he was able to do it.

"I won't." He said, smirking. "In fact, I plan to give you the whole zoo."

My eyes grew wide at his remarks.

"What?" I asked, unbelievably as I laughed.

"Yeah, I'll give you not just butterflies but tigers, elephants, monkeys..." He enumerated exaggeratingly. "And... ah! Dinosaurs." He added as he roared leaning closer until his teeth grazed my neck.

I laughed so hard as I hit him on the arm.

"Dinosaurs don't bite like that." I argued.

"Yes they do!" He insisted as he did it one more time. "My kindergarten teacher told me so." He added when we're both facing again.