The First Encounter ❁

*.☽.*

The mixture of gold, orange and yellow leaves of the trees around us continued to dance with the gentle wind. The mountain was perfectly dressed in Autumn colors and I just loved it.

Baekhyun and I were on the same spot right behind his car. It had been about fifteen minutes since we made up and he refused to let me go, literally. Like how he was back hugging me right now with his arms wound around my waist. I could only closed my eyes as if mentally saving everything in my memory. And as soon as I was able to concentrate on his warmth, I slowly started to get drowned with the thought of how good it felt to be inside his arms.

Then, I somehow just realized that he came to see me really early which only meant he left Seoul way earlier. I opened my mouth in the attempt to ask him but ended up closing it when I felt his arms tightened around my waist.

"You don't know how much I've missed you." He said right next to my ear, making the corners of my lips turn upward to make way for a smile.

"Is that why you're here this early?"

"That." He replied quickly. "And the realization that I couldn't stand the thought of you being mad at me." He slowly loosened his arms around me only to spin me around so I could face him. "The way you sounded really hurt and mad at me last night...it was killing me, you know." He added while his eyes did nothing else but bore into mine.

I could sense guilt in his voice and I couldn't help but also feel sorry for the way I acted, knowing that it wasn't just entirely his fault. I was to blame too.

Kim Ara.
I didn't want to ruin the moment but I knew I had to ask him. I had so many questions about her and I wanted to hear the answers straight from him.

"Baek?" I hesitated.

"Hmm?"

"I want to know..." I gulped to win over my nervousness. "I want to know about Kim Ara."

He looked slightly taken a back and hesitant at first but then he started to speak.

"Ara and I met because of Soo Ah. I met her at Soo Ah's party years ago. They already knew each other even before her acting and modeling career began. She's actually nice and I kind of liked her in the long run."

I didn't really know how his last sentence made me feel but I was also aware that I couldn't take back my words now.

"I saw the music video."

He probably knew which one I was referring to.

"That." He took a deep breath. "My publicist, Miss Kim, saw a photo of us hanging out and suggested to have her on the music video of my new song and surprisingly, everyone else seemed to agree with it. A lot of people like her and they thought that I'd be good publicity for us both. They even told us that if we get positive reactions through the music video, we wouldn't have any problem with our relationship in public."

I bit my lip, fully aware of the fact that the public approved his relationship with her. I mean, they were even talking about them up until now.

"How long were you together?"

"Two years."

Two years is a long time.

"So, why did you break up?"

"She..." There was a momentary pause as he cleared his throat and tilt his head away. "She fell out of love."

My heart sank.

"Well, she denied it but I was pretty sure she did."

I saw him blink a few times and I could tell how much it must have hurt him.