The Bravehearts ❁

*.☽.*

Holding my breath,

we passed through the lobby of his building. I almost felt like melting next to him being so aware that several eyes were still watching us right now. I didn't do anything but look at the ground but Baekhyun however he never did the same thing. He never looked down the whole time on our way inside. He wasn't making an effort to hide his face. He didn't have any intention. At all.

When we were waiting right in front of the elevator, I saw him took his phone out only to turn it off. After doing so, he asked for mine as well and did the same thing. I didn't ask him to justify his actions anymore. We both knew what it meant.

Shutting off the world. For now.

At least.

I was watching him the whole time, so the moment he met my eyes, I didn't make an effort to look away anymore. It was almost as if we were talking in silence, reading each other's expressions. He was also staring at me with loving eyes and it seemed to have taken all my anxiousness away. Then we heard the elevator.

There was a subtle smile on his handsome face as he gently took my hand and led me inside.

***

We got inside the empty elevator, I watched the doors closed before my eyes. My brain was so aware of how good his warm skin felt in my hand. So good, I'd forgive myself for not thinking straight. Coherent thoughts are nowhere to be found.

He held my hand in the street.
He kissed me in the street.

My attention darted to our intertwined fingers before I slowly looked up to him. For some reason, he seemed at peace though I knew a lot was going on in his mind as well. I was about to open my mouth to speak but the elevator doors opened once more, revealing a two immediately shocked women. Seeing how their eyes immediately started to pry, I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable all of a sudden.

They got in and stood right in front of us but couldn't seem to help but glance at Baekhyun. I even saw one woman's mouth fell open while openly staring at him. The other woman paid attention to me though, her curious eyes instantly making me more anxious. I ended up looking away. However, right at the same time, I felt Baekhyun squeezing my hand. I knew fully well that he was urging me to look at him, so I did. The moment I met his eyes, he gave me a reassuring smile.

I heard a couple of gasps inside the elevator.

We were still looking at each other when we heard the elevator. Checking the floor indicator, it said we were already on his floor. Leading the way out, we excused ourselves between the women as we got off the elevator.

Oh my god! That is Byun Freaking Baekhyun.
So, it's true that he lives here?
Wait is that his girlfriend?!

Their remarks sure did reach my ears even when we were already a few feet away from the elevator, taking our way to his unit.

***

Still holding my hand, I followed Baekhyun until we got inside his unit. We were both silent as we stopped in front of the glass wall in the living room. I watched him focus on the view in front of us, so I did the same thing. I stared at the buildings at first before the occupied streets below caught my attention. The cars that seemed like toys form up here reminded me of what happened a while ago.

"Baek..." I uttered.

"Hmm?" He answered but his eyes never left the view.

"Did we..." I nervously gulped, momentarily closing my eyes. "Did we really just...just hold each other's hand in the street?" I continued, turning to look at him.