The Stolen Shots ❁

*.☽.*

"Promise me you're not letting my hand go."

My attention darted to our entangled fingers before I looked up to meet his eyes once more. There was an absolute concern in his eyes and it was making me more worried.

"What happened?" It was all that I could muster, trying to steady my voice.

He shook his head to get rid of the hair blocking his eyes for a moment and bit his lower lip while he looked at me intently. It seemed like he was contemplating and when he sighed, I figured that he eventually made up his mind to tell me.

"It turned out someone recognized me last night and took pictures of us together..." He paused to take a deep breath as he looked away. "Kyungsoo told me that they're all over the internet."

The news made my blood run cold.

"What?" It was the only word that I could come up with as I unconsciously detached my hands from him.

I absent-mindedly stood and stepped away from him. I knew something was wrong but I didn't think that it would be this big. I suddenly felt scared, I couldn't even look at him. I knew my reaction was making him uncomfortable but I couldn't help but be anxious because of what I just heard. I didn't know how to handle any of these.

"I'm sorry to drag you into this mess." He apologized, making me snap out of my thoughts.

He was now standing in front of me. He attempted to hold me by lifting his hands to hold my arms but ended up dismissing the thought by moving away from me instead. I, on the other hand, still couldn't come up with a response. My brain was too busy trying to think of possible scenarios of what could happen next. I was panicking inside, my fingers slightly trembling.

He was a few steps from me, facing the other way. He brought his hands to his waist, his head moving sideways. I couldn't see his reaction but I was pretty sure he was having a hard time.

"Damn it!" He hissed before he eventually turned to face me again.

The look on his face sent me shivers. He looked frustrated and pained at the same time. I knew he needed me to run to him right now and tell him stuff that would make him feel better but I couldn't bring myself to do that. I was too shocked, I couldn't even cry. I darted my attention to my feet because I couldn't stand seeing him in this state.

"This is all new to you and things like these shouldn't happen to you. So, I will understand if..." He trailed off and just when I dared to meet his eyes, he blinked a couple of times.

He wasn't going to cry, was he?

"If...you leave." He added, avoiding my eyes once more.

That hurt. Just the thought of it, hurt. I suddenly felt a lump in my throat and it took every ounce of energy I had to move closer to him but he walked towards the bed right at the exact moment to grab his phone.

"I'm gonna go make a phone call." He said, his back on me. "I'll ask someone to take you to your hotel." He added and it was obvious that he was avoiding eye contact.

I gulped as I watched him get out of the room. Right when the door closed behind him, my knees were about to give up. I walked towards the bed to sit or else I'd end up on the floor. The first thing I did was to take a deep breath because I felt suffocated. I didn't know where to start or what was I doing exactly being alone in his room right now.

I glanced at his portrait, the one that I had admired earlier this morning, and felt my heart sink instantly.

What's going to happen after this?