The Trouble About Baby ❁

*.☽.*

Inhale.
Exhale.
Inhale.
Exhale.

I was trying to convince myself not to collapse because that would only make matters worse. My cousin and my aunt just found out that Baekhyun was inside the house and it's a lot to take in.

We all spent a whole minute exchanging looks with each other, except for Ji Hye, whose gaze remained fixed on Baekhyun. I didn't know what to do I was scared. I wasn't ready for this.

"I-I'm really sorry for...for waking you all up." Baekhyun apologized breaking the ice, hesitantly bowing to Aunt Sunny.

Aunt Sunny immediately turned to him and gave him an awkward smile but didn't say anything in response to his greeting. She must be trying to process everything, just like I was.

"Ji Hye?" She called her daughter but her eyes were on Baekhyun. "Is this your dream? Are we all part of your dream?" She asked consecutively before turning to Ji Hye. "Because it's time for you to wake up."

For some miracle, Ji Hye was able to move her head sideways to respond to her mom's ridiculous question. I couldn't blame her though. I couldn't even believe this was all happening right now.

"Hae Won." I heard Auntie call me and it immediately sent shivers down my spine.

I gulped, glancing at Baekhyun before I turned to meet Aunt Sunny's eyes.

"Can I have a word, please?" She sounded so serious like I'd never heard before.

Oh my god, this is it.

I slowly and nervously stood while I felt Baekhyun's eyes on me, watching my every move. I walked and met his eyes when I passed by him and for one moment there, he seemed like he was ready to grab me but he didn't. I knew that he was also having a hard time. He even gave me a regretful look right before he tilted his head down.

When I reached Aunt Sunny, she took me a few steps away from the kitchen, putting as much distance from Baekhyun and Ji Hye who remained in their respective spaces.

I swear, I was breaking out in a cold sweat while I waited for Auntie to open her mouth to interrogate me. I wasn't prepared for anything she'd be asking. I haven't come up with an alibi. My head was purely thinking about how this night was such a mess.

"Hae Won," Auntie muttered, her eyes narrowing. "What is Byun Baekhyun doing in my house?"

I bit my lip as I turned to look at Baekhyun who was already staring at me.

Should I just tell her the truth?

"Are you the one who brought him here?"

I was still biting my lips when I nodded.

"Do you know that he's Byun Baekhyun?"

I nodded once more, my clammy hands slightly trembling.

"So, how did he end up being in my Kitchen?"

I cannot deal with this. I cannot deal with this alone. I didn't wanna lie to my Aunt but I didn't want to put Baekhyun in much bigger trouble. So, I forced my poor brain to come up with something right at the very moment.

"Auntie I promise, we'll explain everything to you later but for now...Can we please give him something to eat?" I pleaded. "He hasn't eaten anything since this afternoon."

Yes, that was the best thing I could think of.

Auntie looked like she was about to contradict but ended up sighing. She was skeptical, I knew and I understand. She just woke up and this was like a bomb being thrown at her. Her eyes searched mine and I wasn't sure if she was trying to read me or what. Maybe she did and maybe she saw the desperation in my eyes that caused her to finally agree with me.