The Promise at the Station ❁

*.☽.*

2:24AM

I felt him leaving the bed

...but I did not dare move and give him the hint that just like him, I couldn't sleep as well. That I might probably never sleep tonight at all. Not after what happened tonight, not after the confrontation with Ara and discovering the photos. I had been anxious a lot lately but I was the most anxious now.

How do we get through this? Is it even possible?
I never thought things would come to this.

Overthinking, I thought of a lot of things. I even thought of going home right at the very instant but that would be crazy. I would only cause another problem if I get lost and get myself into another trouble, not that I wasn't already.

I could feel that void behind my chest again, the one that seemed to suck every little amount of positivity I have left. I hate feeling this, I hate that it seemed to drown me. It's suffocating, like everything was closing in. I could barely breathe, so I got up and inhaled to fill my lungs with air. But it wasn't enough as I felt my throat run dry.

I got off the bed as I decided to get myself a glass of water and slowly made my way out of the room then all the way down to the kitchen.

Right after drinking, I wondered how I didn't see him around. I thought he'd be in the living room or somewhere but he wasn't.

Did he go somewhere?

I looked for him everywhere but I couldn't find him. I even went to his study room but it was unoccupied as well. Worried, I went back to his room. I sat on the bed for a few minutes, spacing out a few times before I eventually lay down. Looking at the blank and dim ceiling, I thought of one thing... Eun Chan.

It has to be him. He's behind those photos. There was no way this wasn't his doing.
Maybe I could talk to him and convince him...

And where's Baekhyun? Did he have to go somewhere at this time? If yes, then this was serious. Well obviously it already was but... I sighed gloomily.

I shut my eyes closed, I just wanted to sleep, drift away and forget about this for a moment. I couldn't stand to think about what's happening for another second. It felt like I was going to lose my mind any moment from now.

I didn't want any of this. I've lived an ordinary life and to be a part of this controversy was something my ordinary self could decipher. I wanted to call someone, someone I could talk to. My sister, or Lizzie or Auntie... but it's two in the morning.

Baekhyun. I came to think about him again.

Where is he? Did he leave me? Is he coming back?

I felt so helpless now and I kept praying for a miracle that could get me to sleep.
Sleep, I have never been desperate to fall asleep until now.

***

I didn't know what time was it already when I felt him pull me in his arms. His familiar scent immediately filling my half-awake senses. I was too sleepy to open my eyes while I snuggle against him. He enveloped me with his arms and I was about to indulge in his warmth when I heard him speak.

"Don't leave me."

My half-conscious mind nevertheless absorbed what he just said and brought that familiar sinking feeling behind my chest.

I felt him plant a kiss on my forehead.

Oh, Baekhyun.

***