The Need to be Brave ❁

*.☽.*

The way his smile vanished made my heart sink. I had a feeling that he was trying to be strong and appear like everything was under control but the confirmation was just unbearable. I wanted to cry. I would've already been crying if not for Kyungsoo who seemed to have already noticed my behavior.

I took a deep breath and looked out the window to shake the sadness away. Of course, it wouldn't work but I had to at least try.

"He talks a lot about you." It was Kyungsoo's deep voice that broke my train of thought.

I looked back at him straightaway as he glanced at me. He smiled, the very comforting one and honestly, it made me want to cry even more. Gosh, this separation anxiety was something I couldn't handle. The truth was, I hadn't been good at it, ever.

"I remembered the first time he called me and told me about the girl he met up in the mountain." He paused to let out a chuckle. "He talked about you for days and wanted to see you again."

I thought of Baekhyun telling me that he went back to the hiking place two weeks after we met hoping he could see me again. I almost blushed at the thought.

"And when he finally did, he asked me if it was weird to tell you that he likes you that soon...I said yes." He paused to make way for another smile. "So I guess he kept it to himself for a while. Did he?" Kyungsoo asked momentarily tearing his attention from the road to turn to me.

I nodded. I recalled the day he got jealous of Eun Chan and ended up telling me that he wanted to be my boyfriend. Just thinking about it gave me the exact feeling I felt at that moment.

"He's crazy about you." His statement was accompanied by a reassuring smile on his face. "I asked him if he was sure about what he was getting into. I reminded him it would be complicated because of his celebrity status. You know what he told me?"

I didn't say anything but just stared at him waiting for his next words.

"He said only a fool would let you go."

I blushed, flustered at the thought of Baekhyun talking about me to his friend like that. Damn, it was even overwhelming to just think of him talking about me to anyone.

I tilted my head down to look at my hands on my lap. My lips curved into a smile. Not because I was happy. Honestly, I felt sorry for Baekhyun having to go through what he would have to go through because of me.

"He's strong. You should know that. He's one of the bravest people I've ever met. So, I am pretty sure that he'll fight for you and what you two have."

I swallowed the lump that I could already feel in my throat. Gosh, Park Hae Won please don't embarrass yourself.

"I guess you are too."

I immediately looked at him, confused about what he just said.

"Well, it takes a lot of courage to love a Byun Baekhyun." He said in a matter-of-fact tone. "Aside from the fact that he's crazy famous, he's also a kid trapped inside a grown man's body."

He glanced at me and for some reason, we both laughed at the same time.

"That, alone is bravery." He added as he went to back to fix his attention to driving again. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, I hope you stay with him. As long as you can."

I could feel his sincerity and concern while he said those words.

"Damn, Baekhyun should pay me for being this cheesy."

I saw how his eyebrows furrowed, looking disgusted. I let out a soft laugh feeling a bit better somehow. I know I just met Kyungsoo but for some reason, I knew exactly why he's best friends with Baekhyun. It was relieving to know that Baekhyun had a friend like him.