The Pink Carnation ❁

*.☽.*

-

I was pretty sure I spent most of the time tossing and turning last night. Distracting myself from texting Baekhyun was such a difficult challenge, which I was thankfully able to at least endure. 

The moment I woke up the next morning, I immediately decided to go hiking. I didn't know if it was a good thing but I needed to go somewhere I could think properly. And I couldn't think of any other place.

Since I left the house early, I was already following the trails up at around 10:30. I instantly fell in love with the weather. It was cool and cloudy so I took my time hiking. I kept looking around to appreciate what was around me. I looked up and admired the beautiful autumn leaves forming into layers.

"So Pretty," I muttered.

I loved being basked in the beauty of the autumn trees. There was something about being here that gave me comfort. Maybe it was the way the leaves danced with the wind or the way they created a rustling sound in the process. Right then, I knew that coming here was indeed a good idea.

I took my phone out because I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I missed the chance to save this moment in my gallery.

I lifted my phone and started looking for what I thought would be a perfect angle. I already took a couple of shots when my phone rang and replaced the camera on my screen with a call notice.

I couldn't almost believe my eyes when I saw who was calling me. It was him. It was Baekhyun. He was calling me and it was somehow hard for me to process that I stared at my phone for a few more seconds before I got the nerve to answer.

"Baekhyun..."

I didn't hear anything from the other line for a short while. 

"I'm sorry."

"I'm Sorry."

For some reason, we chorused and even said it at the same time.

"No, I'm sorry." He said once more. "Really."

"What are you sorry for?"

"For..." He sighed. "For acting like a child I guess. I mean, I made a big deal out of it. And then a lot of things happened, I became really busy. I couldn't find the right time to call or text you. I tried but my schedule was just crazy lately."

I could sense guilt in his tone as he explained.

"No, I shouldn't have-" I tried to tell him but he stopped me.

"No, it's my fault." He insisted.

I bit my lower lip as I attempted to suppress a smile, unable to come up with a response.

"You're so quiet, by any chance, are you smiling now? Or crying? You're not crying, are you?" He asked once more and I immediately pressed my lips together.

I couldn't help but laugh at what he just said.

"You're crazy, Byun."

"Tell me something I don't know yet, Park." He said, emphasizing my last name.

I beamed feeling lighter this time.

"I wanna see you." He said out of nowhere, totally catching me off guard.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'll go come see you when I come back, okay?"

My heart started to beat faster after he said it, and my face warmed too.