The Almost-Heart-Attack ❁

*.☽.*

"Someone like Byun Baekhyun."

I froze the moment I heard his name from Eun Chan. Never had I imagined talking to him about Baekhyun, especially not this issue, not now. My hands were still trembling when I finally let go of the photo.

"H-how..." I gulped, trying to come up with the words I wanted to say. "Where did you get this?"

I looked up at him who was already staring at me intently but I couldn't even read the expression on his face.

"I guess you don't have any clue what I do for a living, since you never got curious anyway." He stated, emphasizing his last few words.

I fretted, unable to get the response I wanted.

"I work for a top broadcasting company in Korea. It's not so hard for me to see leaked celebrity photos like that."

My eyes grew big as I let his words sink in. He's working for a broadcasting company. Did it mean they have the unedited copy of the photos?

"But the photos," I breathed, "they had my face blurred out. How come this one isn't?" I asked him desperately wanting to cure my confusion.

"The moment I saw the photos, I thought of you." He let out a soft laugh.

He was laughing? Did he think this was funny?

"At first, I said to myself that there was no way on earth it'd be you but then the more I examined them...the more it made sense. You have the same height, hair, physique..."

My heart continued to race while I listened to him and honestly, I wasn't sure if I wanted him to continue. If I was ready with all the information he'd provide. If I'd be able to process everything correctly.

"I don't want to go into details Hae Won." His eyes were piercing through mine. "To make the long story short, I got the original copy of the photos. I had to go through what I went through to make sure that they couldn't harm you anymore."

I swallowed as I momentarily looked outside the café.
What was he talking about? He had the photos? The original copy? Why?

I turned to him and met his eyes once more. How could all of these be real? Why are all of these happening right now? Things were getting way more complicated every day and I just couldn't seem to handle it anymore. Tears started to pool in my eyes and I knew that they'd start rolling down my cheeks any moment from now.

"Hae Won..." He muttered as he placed his hand over mine.  "The photos would be the least of your problems now."

I heard what he just said clearly but I couldn't help but concentrate more on the fact that he was holding my hand right now. It felt nostalgic. It felt familiar yet strange at the same time. This was the man I've always adored. The man who had owned a permanent space in my thoughts for the past years. But then, he was also the same man I had learned to let go.

Yet, he's here now telling me that I shouldn't worry about the pictures anymore. I knew I was supposed to be grateful because he'd somehow give me peace of mind but why have I grown more confused instead?

Why is it him of all people? Why is he coming back now? Why is he even holding my hand right now?

Amidst my confusion, there was one thing I was certain about.

Baekhyun.
He and everything I felt for him.

"Why are you doing this Eun Chan?" I asked when I was finally able to find my voice as I moved my hand away from his.