Thirteen

Breaking news!
A sudden car crash accident happened today at-

The TV went on about the hit and run case that had happened some hours back.
Not paying much attention to it, you focused on a report that you were handling for taehyung and looking at his schedules.

It was kinda weird.

Since when did jungkook become so aggressive...

You spaced out as you found yourself re-reading a specific line over and over again.
All you could think of was what you heard earlier on.

"what are you doing!? Mr jeon assess' every single thing we do.. Making madam y/n unhappy could spell our deaths!"

Since when did everyone become so scared of him...
Everyone including me...

Swiftly coming back from your trance, you heaved a sigh as you proceeded to turn off your laptop. You've been up since 4am, checking out his reviews and job offers on potential shoots.. Right now all you could feel was the burning sensation in your eyes..

"I'd get some sleep..., maybe call taehyung later and tell him what jobs he's got.."

Stretching your limbs, you proceeded to your bedroom when a sudden break in stopped you.

"my lady!"

The elderly lady called out in a panicked tone startling you. Her eyes searched you entirely as her mouth gapped open. She seemed panicked as sweat dripped down from her face.

"what is it?!"

"y-your.. Your.."

"my what!??"

You practically at this point almost yelled at her. You were scared...
Not another person please!.. Lately all you've been doing is losing people close to you.. And all you could think of now was who got the bad luck card today.

"calm down y/n..."

A calm voice suddenly called out to you from outside your bedroom door.
You anxiously turned to face him...

Looming out from the darkness, the deep red blotches of red immediately caught your attention.., he looked disheveled and a crippling fear washed you...

Did he kill a maid...

Did he kill your friend..

Or did he...

Why was it only summing up to kill..?..

"what did you do?"

You sternly asked as you found yourself trembling.. Your instincts told you to run.. But your reasoning declared it stupid... Jungkook was your friend.. He'd never harm you right..?

"your cousin.. I rushed your cousin to the hospital today... She was involved in a hit and run case..."

The sudden news rendered you speechless as your eyes unconsciously drifted to the maid's. Almost as if you were asking her if it were true.. Her lack of an answer assured you..

" j-jungkook! It's a lie isn't- HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE!?? "

you broke down as he slowly hugged you, giving hints to the nanny to leave you two alone.

Gripping his body tight, you both slowly slid to the ground. She was just a first year in college.. Straight out of high school.. So young and innocent.. Why did she have to get involved in your bad luck aura.

"it's my fault... Ever since I came to Seoul.. I've been having nothing but bad luck happen to the people around me.. I should leave jungkook.. You could get dragged in.."