5)Hated Eye

"Hush. Lest you die by her hated eye."

***

"Come out with your hands up!"

Rhea smiles and steps out of the shadows with her hands up as demanded, Dagger still grasped in her right hand. Despite the knowledge that she shouldn't smile at a time like this, she can't find the heart to stop.

"Drop the weapon!" the girl calls out. Rhea sighs dramatically but drops her Dagger, seeing the ruby handle pulse once before going dull.

"Drop to the ground and put your hands behind your back!"

"I hardly think you are in the position to demand anything of me, for I see no badge on you—unless I am mistaken. Am I? You drop to the ground."

"And you are in the position to demand? You may be new here, but I wouldn't mess with us, we kinda have a high status here," the boy said.

A little giggle ripples from Rhea's throat eliciting a growl from the boy. "My brother was Mitchell Dean."

"Traitor!" the girl hisses, stalking forward before being yanked back by the other boy. "Bone, let me go!"

"Lucy, don't."

"Lucy and Bone. Mitchell talked about you, favorite children of the Iron Chain Link. Why don't we just sit and talk like civilized human beings—as much as gangsters can be civilized. Even for a man, y'all are horrible gang members," Rhea insults.

"Shut up! Who are you?"

"My name is Sàvia Lorenzo, and my step-brother Mitchell Dean was killed earlier today. I went to visit him, and I found his body in the bathroom, his head bashed in. A piece of lace was on his torso, and lipstick was on his counter; a girl killed him in his own home. Now, I can do this all on my own, but if I know anything about the Iron Chain Link, it is that they love a little Karma. Still want me to drop?" she winks at Bone and Lucy.

"Come with us," Bone replies with a sigh, sticking his hand out to Rhea. She runs to take it, kicking her Dagger up and into the back of her shirt without Bone and Lucy knowing, and clasps his hand joyfully. "You aren't a normal prostitute are you, Sàvia?"

"Nope!" she laughs proudly. "But if you want to know...I'm not just a prostitute; I'm also an assassin."

"Yeah, right, and I'm the boogeyman," Bone laughed. "Women aren't assassins."

"Oh, Lucy! Are you going to stand there and allow him to insult our womanhood?" she cries out dramatically. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees Bone reach to his side, and the gleam of a gun appears. "We are just as skilled as any man. Don't believe me? Watch."

With a final grin at Lucy, she flips Bone's arm over her shoulder and giggles as she hears the bone shatter, his hiss of pain music to her ears. "BONE!"

"I'd watch out, sweetheart unless you wanna try?" Rhea flirts. Although she isn't attracted to women, her flirting still works, as her father told her, "You, Mija, have a charm that no man can resist; use it to your advantage."

"You're hurting my boyfriend! Fight me instead!" Lucy announces as if Rhea cares. She takes the Iliosphere from her necklace and hurls it at Lucy, the electrical charge sending Lucy to her knees screaming. Bone's leg lashes out and tries to trip Rhea; twisting herself down, she comes down on his shoulder, the popping sound bouncing off the alley walls. A searing pain tears through Rhea's side, and she looks down to see Bone's blade in her side, just missing her kidneys. Blood pours out, but it doesn't stop her.