20) Silently

"The broken screams of those who never could."

***

The floors creak under an invisible weight; I watch from a distance, rocking in my iron crate. It creaks and groans as the clock ticks away. Silently, the tears drip, and the barrier gives way. A pain lancing through my heart, nothing able to quench the thirst. I tried and tried again, but they always seemed to come first. It rips my soul in half, chafes my throat, and I cannot stop. Please, oh please, make it stop! They sleep in my head and haunt me like the dead. They control every fiber of my being and blacken my soul. It's the Angels and the Devils—they fight for control; I give in. For what am I to do? I can't win. I sit back and watch as they destroy my life. How they feast upon and enjoy my strife. They break my bones and rip my heart; they watch in joy as I fall apart. I'm scared to be lonely but scared to die. I don't want to go on, but I can't bear to say goodbye, so I sit all alone in my iron crate and watch helplessly as they pick apart and destroy my memory relentlessly. I watch without a sound, only tears streaking down my face. I see my every print in this world be erased. I stare at the carnage lifelessly. And all I can do is cry silently.