10)The Predator and the Prey

"Deep inside there is a beast, raging, enjoying its feast."

***

"Please, for the love of God, STOP!"

His lips travel down her neck, hands on her waist, as she giggles loudly at Hierro's protests. "What is wrong?"

"You know exactly what is wrong! This isn't fair. I didn't force you to watch this!" Hierro whines, squeezing his eyes shut and shrugging his shoulders to try and block out the vision and sound of kissing.

"No, you did not. But Rakel said I could have some fun with you," she laughs, hugging Lane tightly and turning to sit in his lap. "Now, are you ready to show me to the Dragon Diamond or do you need more persuasion? I mean, I love this," she cajoled, looking back at Lane with a smile which he returns, "but I think a different method of persuasion is approaching. You have seen my Ruby Dagger, yes?"

He nods. "This Dagger right here cut this lock of hair off Bone's head. And these heels ended both Bone and Lucy. Do you more persuasion?"

"You killed my brother—"

"And I will not stop there. I will get what I want even if it eradicates your whole family line, and do not think I will not," Rhea threatens.

"What connection do you have to El Diamante del Dragón?"

"I shall not explain myself; it belongs to me, and I will get it."

"Threaten me all you want, you won't do sh—" Rhea's Ruby Dagger flies from her hand and lands in his stomach. She snaps her fingers, and it flies back into her hand.

"I do not make idle threats, nor do I miss. I am a weapon in and of myself, from my Dagger to my hands to my heels to my mouth. Do not get cocky and assume I will spare you for my well-being. I am more than capable of taking down any army you bring singlehandedly. However, if you would like to test that theory, take my phone and call your gangies. Or you may take me to the Diamond, and all will be well. What do you choose?" Rhea asks, her hand still extended, giving the phone to Hierro. Rhea bound Hierro to the chair in the corner of her hotel room between the desk and the window, not bothering to bind his feet, for they are useless.

Lane's arm sets wrapped around Rhea's waist, Theo in his other, his lips pressing to the back of her neck. Hierro looking as if he will vomit any second. The hotel room, surprisingly, had changed quite a bit, all of Rhea's things had been put away neatly in the drawers and closet, the bed fully made with satin sheets, and a gift box wrapped on the stove. She takes her Com out of her ear, washes the hot water-soluble nail polish off, and turns the Com on. "Brad?"

Static. "Bradley?"

A voice sputters through the line. "Rhea? Are you okay? You're out already?"

"No, not exactly. I have Hierro in my custody at the hotel room—"

"Great! I'll send the plane—"

"No Bradley. Listen. Does anyone else have access to my room? Did you send someone in here?"

"No...why? What happened, Rhea?"

"The room is not how I left it," she answers, turning to face Lane and mouthing, 'Stay here and watch him.' "My stuff is put away in the drawers and the closet, the bed is made with satin sheets, there is a wrapped box just sitting on the stove, and—no."