37) Beware the Broken Angel (Part 3)

"Oh the insanity she lives in, it tore their love in half. She never loved him, she used him to get what she needed, and little did he know she needed his life."

***

Thirty seconds ago, she stepped into his room. Twenty seconds ago, she looked him in the eye. Fifteen seconds ago, he kissed her. Five seconds ago, she stole his heart. He's wanted to taste her for so long, wanted to have her sweet lips on his and her hand on his, her body against his. He's wanted to be the only one whose scent is on her since he first heard her speak, four weeks ago. He wraps his hands around her hips and pulls her into his lap as she straddles him and wraps her slender but muscular arms around his neck. He pulls her hips harder, and she gasps into his mouth as he slips his tongue into hers. He absolutely loves that she has no clue on how to respond, it tells him that she's never had another man kiss her.

He bites her bottom lip and starts to lean back; she pushes herself against him so she doesn't have to lose contact and falls back with him on his bed. Her braided white hair tickles his neck, and he threads his fingers through it and takes her hair tie out. She breaks the kiss to shake out her hair and looks down at him. Her perfect, thick eyelashes bat at him, and he dives for her lips, hating the loss of contact.

"Lace," he pants into her neck as he sucks on the delicate skin on her collarbone. She breathes out shakily and runs her fingers through his blond hair. He pulls her down on top of him and flips them over so he hovers over her, her usually pale face gone blush pink. She winds her one arm around his neck and tugs at his white sweatshirt. He sits back and lifts his arms so she can slip it, along with his shirt, off; she stares at his bare chest and runs her fingers over his stomach as he takes the opportunity to look at her.

"If you want to stop, let me know," he whispers huskily in her ear, letting his tongue graze the shell of her ear, and she shivers. He runs his hands up and down her arms and torso as she stares at him and smiles. "Do you want to stop?"

"No," she mutters. He looks into her eyes, and she looks into his eyes, the usually bright blue eyes darken to midnight, and her lips part. He runs his fingertips over her lips and watches her close her eyes as her tongue grazes the tip of his finger. He hasn't looked away from this woman since she entered his room, let alone since they started kissing. Something about this girl drives him insane. He wraps his hands around her wrists and pulls them above her head, and she stretches out beneath him; she bends her knees, locking herself to him, his head dipping towards her.

"You're beautiful," he whispers and kisses the corner of her mouth. He grabs both of her hands in his large hand and slides the other to her waist as he plays with the hem of her black tank top. He begins to lift it and rub his calloused fingers over her muscled stomach before she shies away. "You are gorgeous; you never have to cover up for me. I won't force you to do anything, but know that I would never judge you for your body; it's beautiful."

She nods her head briefly and lifts her hand to his face to sweep his blond hair, which has recently started to look like a darker blond, out of his face. She makes circles on his cheek with her thumb, and he lifts his hand to place it on hers and rolls off of her to lie next to her. She yawns and tries to hide it, but he still notices. "Come here," he says and pulls her by her waist to him, wrapping his arm around her as she tucks her head into his neck. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Laci, will you be mine?" She smiles up at him and kisses his lips gently, nothing like the passionate kisses they just shared, just a sweet, loving kiss. He pulls back from her to look into her eyes, "So?"

"Yes, Daniel, I will be yours, if you promise me something," she teases and pulls his body closer to her.

He knows at this moment that he will love this girl for the rest of his life. He will cherish her and hold her until his lungs give out. "Yes?"

"Promise me that no matter what, you won't ever follow me when I leave your house. You must never go to my house; you will never meet my family because it is safer that way. Promise me, Daniel," she says in all seriousness.

"I promise Laci Ashaura Aspenhallow that I won't. I will not betray your love, and I trust you. I trust you."

"I'm glad."

"Me too."

***

The shy little girl is gone. She is dead, and in her place is the bad girl everyone knows not to mess with. She's always been an outcast because of her hair and eyes, white hair and blue eyes, what an ugly combination, but you cannot help what you were born like. She vowed that one night, to create something so magnificent that it would last for ages, it would turn the world from the hellhole it is into the world she had dreamed of. She would create something so beautiful it would bend every man to his knees; every man would slay another to protect her creation. Her creation would change the world. She has spent her life in the shadow of others, and it is time for them to bow. They will bow at her feet and name their firstborns after her, building statues after her and praising her name. Men are such disgusting creatures, so filthy in manner, catcalling women and forcing themselves onto a respected woman; how utterly disgusting. The filthy creatures who wear their hearts in their pants, the ones only in the relationship for sex. No wonder she's never had a proper relationship! She said no man would ever touch her there. Of course, there is always one exception and she has found hers—after all, her masterpiece could not happen if it were not for him.

He is different; he loves her, would bend heaven and hell for her, would kill himself if she asked, he would hand over his heart to her if hers stopped beating. He is the one she has wanted, the one who will satisfy her cravings and give her what she needs to complete her mission. He has given her everything she needs—well, almost. She turns to him, his sleeping form next to her. He has always slept so peacefully, broad and adorable, and is all hers. Never would another dare look at him, not when everyone knows he is hers; she has marked him in a way no one else ever could. He rolls over towards her and smiles, his arms reaching to hold her. "Hey, Laci, baby."

"Hi, love," she whispers back and kisses his lips. His hand drifts down to rest on her belly, growing more prominent as the months go on; only three more to go. They met four years ago, got together three years ago, married two years ago, and are now expecting their child. When Laci found out she was having a girl, she was so happy; she had always needed a girl, and a boy would just disgust her.

"How's our girl?"

"She is wonderful and happy. I know what we'll name her..."

"Yeah?" he asks playfully and kisses her neck. She said when they got married, he would take her last name, not the other way around, and she would get to name the baby; she may have a control issue, but he agreed nonetheless because he loves her. Oh, the little lamb who fell for the masochistic lion wouldn't walk away from her if he wanted to. She's got him wrapped around her finger and he loves it. In three short months, her angel will be born. Her Broken Angel. And the world should beware, beware her Broken Angel.

"Ashaura Athrhea Aspenhallow."