47)Dwell In Pain

"Sometimes the pain gets too much, but where does she turn?"

***

Ambrose knocks on the door. It takes a minute for the door to open and the boy who opens it is foreign to Ambrose, he has never seen the boy before, but his grey eyes are welcoming. "Come in."

"What the hell happened to her?" Tracy snaps, coming close to Ambrose with fear and concern more than anger.

"She..." he looks at the kids but they nod, "she was tortured brutally, broke nearly every bone in her body, bruised her lungs, and her heart gave out. We knew she wouldn't make it through the night and we were preparing to tell Gemini and I said we needed to invite you guys because you were close to her. I had no idea what would happen, I knew Gemini would have a breakdown but I did not expect her to come back to life. That is where Asherian knowledge ends."

The boy with grey eyes looks at him. "Asheri? Is this Trouble's Highrise?"

"Trouble?"

"Athrhea, she told me her name was Trouble. She said she would help me find my sister. My mom is dead, but my sister is an Asheri in London. I've been trying to find her, and Trouble said she could help."

"She's okay now. Still busted up badly, but breathing and eating. She has had multiple procedures that have started to allow her bones and body to heal. She's in Gemini's constant care. I know she'd love to see you. If you will be staying, I will let you know when she wakes up. If you choose to stay, you can have individual rooms, and we'll have anything you need," Ambrose says.

"That would be lovely Ambrose, we would love to stay for a little. I know Rhett and Rosé have missed her. Are four rooms available?" Ambrose thinks of the rooms left unoccupied at the moment and that is two.

"There are two. I can have Athrhea's bed changed so someone can stay in there. She's staying in Gemini's room. And I have a shared room if one or more of the guys want to room. No pressure," Ambrose adds in haste, trying not to make a fool of himself.

"I'll room with you; let Rhett and Ace have their room," the grey-eyed boy says, sending a wink back at the two boys, making Tracy glare and mutter something sounding like "abstinence" before she sighs.

"Thanks, man," Ace says, clapping the boy on the arm. "You know how we teenage males get."

"Maybe I'll room with Ambrose and let you and my strange boyfriend create your own bro-cave!"

"No, no love. It's our Babe Cave!"

Ambrose laughs. "'Babe Cave'? Who came up with that?" Ace raises his hand proudly and Rhett shakes his head. "Okay, I'll settle you guys in and then check on Athrhea."

He leads the family to their respective rooms, standing back as they all say goodbye leaving just him and the grey-eyed boy. "I'm Ambrose, though I'm sure you heard."

"Jaxin," the boy replies. "This is a really nice place."

"I've helped renovate a few times, trust me, you never want to paint something like this. It's Hell's work."

"I bet, but I love painting. It's calming, I wouldn't mind doing a piece like this," Jaxin replies.

"Wow, you have the patience and gift of the gods then. I've been told I have great patience, but even I was ready to chuck the paint can at the window." Jaxin laughs as they arrive at his--well, their room. "Welcome home."

"Thanks, nice place too. Would you throw paint at this window too or is that just large stained-glass windows?"

"Oh, no, I would throw paint at any window, but I refrain from doing so in this room because then I get a draft, and colds suck. I can never tell the difference between a cold and COVID anymore," Ambrose shudders. Jaxin drops on the other bed and props his arms behind his head.