24) Strange

"Little did they know she didn't just come to change the world. She came to rule it."

 ***

She hasn't spoken.

She has not uttered a single word, Flame. Gemini, Ambrose, and Zero chase after her as she took off down the hall, walking surprisingly quickly for her tall heels. "Flame!"

She keeps going, ignoring Zero's calls, until she ends up at a window, a perfect view of the River Thames from the Highrise. Ambrose strides up to her, leaving a couple of feet in fear of his life, and stops. "Flame?"

She turns to look at Ambrose, even though she isn't looking at Gemini, he can still feel the steel in her gaze. All the girl seems to do is glare, she never speaks and never smiles—aside from the creepy smile she awarded to Zero. "Gemini, come talk to her."

With a sigh, Gemini walks to Ambrose's side and smiles at Flame. "Hey, so we kinda have to set some rules. Don't go wandering off by yourself, I'd hate for anything to happen to you, and stay in your own room at night. Oh, and please don't go around slaughtering and drinking our mates' blood. Thanks." She simply glares at him and walks away. "You seem to like violence; how about I show you the training room? You can be violent to your heart's content."

Flame leans off of the wall and walks to Gemini, and for the first time, he feels a tinge of fear as she nears him. She stops and looks at him expectantly, her mouth set in a grim line of red, from blood Gemini remembers, not lipstick. Though through the whole ordeal, her makeup seems to be perfect, as she is. Not in any kind of romantic way. Anyone can see and tell she is perfect, you'd be blind not to, but that doesn't mean anything to Gemini. He offers her his arm, and she looks down before cracking a smile, winking at him, and walking away. He recovers from his momentary confusion and leads her, more like follows her, to the training room that she already seems to know. The room is just as it has been for thirty years: white marble floor, walls, and ceiling with three of the long walls lined up shelved with weapons of all sorts. Gemini watches in half-amusement and half-fear at the way Flame's eyes light up at all of the sharp killing tools.

"How long have you been into weapons?" he asks.

She ignores him, not to his surprise, and walks to the Staff section, pulls the black trident off the wall, and curls her long fingers around the staff, her tongue running along her teeth, not that Gemini was looking at her mouth. Using her other hand, her fingers trace along the fork, long golden nails stark against the black staff.

She aims at Gemini, her striking blue eyes piercing his, he stands frozen where he stands as she comes closer. She stops at the trident's middle tine and rests in the hollow of his throat. "Uh, what're doing?"

She backs up suddenly, tosses the trident to the side, and takes out her Daggers, she gestures to the wall of weapons and looks back at Gemini. "You want me to fight you? I don't think that's a good idea before breakfast," he declines, remembering it's only four twenty in the morning, too damn early in Gemini's opinion. Anything before ten a.m. is unholy.

She raises her eyebrows, and he sighs, knowing he has no choice or a chance. Gemini has never been one to be afraid; there was simply nothing that scared him. Flame doesn't scare him; she unnerves him. Everything about her makes his skin tingle and puts him on high alert; with her beauty and talent, she looks like she probably made a great assassin. He gets his Surujin and walks to the middle of the room to join Flame, her Daggers glowing in her hands. "A-are those the Sister Daggers? The Ruby and Coal Daggers?"

She throws them into the wall, and the Ruby glows as the Coal simmers. It's impossible. No one has ever had possession of the Sister Daggers; how did she get a hold of them? They look so different from the drawings and paintings of them, making them seem more like toys than weapons. She calls them back into her hand and smirks. "Wanna go first—" She doesn't wait for him to finish his question and throws her Dagger. It lands directly above Gemini, the Coal glowing with fire in the hilt.