Chapter 23 : Efforts In Vain

Roy opened the door of the new apartment and carried the luggages inside. Maya followed him , looking around the house. She was beyond happy as got back her Roy.

"You can use this room. It's comparatively bigger I guess"he said unlocking a room

 It's comparatively bigger I guess"he said unlocking a room

She smiled at him and walked inside. Exploring the room. She partned the curtains of the room and let the light come inside. Through the glass window she saw a little bird sitting in a small branch , looking all around the tree. As if looking for someone. As if her heart craved for love.
She was soon joined by another bird and they fluttered their little wings in happiness. The male bird gave little pecks to the female bird like they share unconditional love.

Maya smiled at the sight. It warmed her heart strings. She looked at Roy and found him arranging her luggages.

"Roy..come here"she grabbed him by his wrist and pointed her fingers to the tree. They eyed the birds together.

Roy felt her tightened grip in his palm

Roy felt her tightened grip in his palm. He felt a lump formed in his throat.

"They're cute isn't it?"she asked smilingly. Leaning her head to his shoulder. He shut his eyes tightly as memories started haunting him again.

"Shall I order lunch for us? I'm hungry"he said taking back his hand from her. Leaving her alone in the room. Maya knew knew that he needed time to accept things like it is. She decided to let it be.

He helped her in unpacking the luggages and soon their food arrived. They had it in silence. He was lost in his thoughts while she was eyeing him. She didn't fail to notice his fallen face.

"Be comfortable and call me if you need anything"he said once they were done. He turned to leave and she held his wrist.

"Roy? Just a minute"

He faced her and she smiled at him faintly

"Roy.. I know that right now you're so disturbed. I know that you need more time because I left you when you needed me the most. I seriously regret for what I've done.
I really love you and I promise that I'll never leave your side. Just give me a chance to prove myself"she said as her eyes welled up