Chapter 30 : Healing Wounds

Last and Longest Chapter!

Happy Reading :-)

"Roy......"
.
.
.
John and Maya rushed to the hospital. The moment they got to know about Roy's accident. John cursed himself a hundred times for attending the call at the wrong time. He would have waited. A bit more. Just now things were falling into place. Everything collapsed within a moment. Maya , on the other side was heartbroken. She felt all numb. Life was playing a cruel joke on her. She didn't knew what to do. And kept praying to all the god's to keep Roy safe.

Roy was taken inside the operation theatre. Maya sat outside the bench. Her entire body was shivering and her heart was numb.

"Nothing will happen to you. You're fine"she kept muttering under her breath.

John stood in front of the room. His eyes fixed on the door. He never felt this helpless and vulnerable in life. Tears rolled down his cheeks. He recalled their childhood days. When Roy took care of him when he had a leg fracture. They were kids back then. And still they kept their promise. They were besides each other during worst times of their lives.

2 hours passed by. The doctor came out making both of them jump up from their seats. They could only see disappointment in his face.

"Doctor?"john asked. With hope.

"See...he had met a major accident. His condition...."

"Please don't hide anything doctor. Please say the truth" John said impatiently.

"He had a severe head injury. Wounds are a bit deep and it's bleeding continuously. His right leg is temporarily arrested. It will take time to cure. His right hand is fractured as well"the doctor said. Maya broke into tears and clutched John's shoulder tightly. John stood numb. Unable to speak.

"Doctor....is he..out of danger?"John asked

"As for now...we can't say anything. We should keep him under observation. And....there are high chances for him to slip into coma. So.. just pray that's all we can do"the doctor said and walked away.

Maya almost collapsed. Hearing it. Her earth was shattering into pieces. John caught her at the right moment and they hugged each other tightly. Letting their tears flow. Both didn't knew how to console each other. She buried her head in his chest and clutched his shirt

"Roy..."

"Nothing will happen to him"he said. He himself didn't knew what to do.

They broke apart few minutes later. He made her sit.

"I'll bring some water for you"he quickly stepped away and ran to a empty corner of the hospital. Soon he was crying like a small child.

"Don't let anything happen to him God. You already played a lot with his life. Don't do this"

His phone rang. John wiped his tears and took out the phone from his pocket. Roy's mother was calling him. He moved his fingers to disconnect the call but he couldn't. He couldn't let them break more. With a heavy heart he attended the call.

"John.."

"Mumma..?"

"John...Roy isn't picking up our calls. Are you both okay?"she asked in a concerned voice leaving him heartbroken.

"Mumma he..."

"Just tell him that we are still angry on him. Take him back to Hyderabad soon and it's your duty. Understood? I won't let him stay back there any longer"

John broke into sobs. Which reached Annie's ears. He too was a son for her

"John... what happened? Are you crying?"